Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Why only anointed partake of the emblems.
designs2

Group: Registered Plus
RE: Why only anointed partake of the emblems.

Yes Jesus is the true manna but he is the one who said 'eat and drink'
the bread and wine.

Jesus was pictured in many of the ceremonies and objects in the Jewish Faith. None of that negates the Passover picturing the New Passover for followers of Jesus or denying our participation in the New Passover.

Nothing about the Jewish Covenant would suggest that either. If we were living in the time of Moses and we wanted to follow the God of Israel we would partake of the Passover meal with everyone else not sit with others and pass the plate.

designs

Wibble Wrote:
The original 'manna' was to teach people to appreciate the knowledge of Jehovah:

Deut 8:3 He humbled you, and allowed you to be hungry, and fed you with manna, which you didn’t know, neither did your fathers know; that he might make you know that man does not live by bread only, but man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of Jehovah.

Neh 9:20 You gave also your good Spirit to instruct them, and didn’t withhold your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst.

The true manna (spiritual knowledge from God):

John 6:32 Jesus therefore said to them, “Most certainly, I tell you, it wasn’t Moses who gave you the bread out of heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread out of heaven.

John 6:33 For the bread of God is that which comes down out of heaven, and gives life to the world.”

Matt 4:4 But he answered, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’”

Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a garment sprinkled with blood. His name is called “The Word of God.”

Jesus is the true manna, the word of God spiritual nourishment. Not the physical emblems consumed at the memorial.

04-23-2009 10:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
Wibble
Back Now

man hu Wrote:
Prove that! Why did the Israelites have to take an unblemished male lamb into their home and look after it, inspect it, kill it without breaking any bones, if this just symbolised spiritual food not the body of Christ? Why eat bitter herbs? Why eat unleavened bread? Were these not symbols of something more than food?

Each lamb sacrificed substituted for the first-born of the household.

So eating the lamb on the original passover was representational of eating the first-born of the household for whom the lamb was a substitute.

So all Israel partook of one of the first-born. That is one of the first-fruits who represent the body of Christ:

Rom 12:5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

So when all Israel ate the lamb they foreshadowed all Christians 'eating' of the 'body of Christ' the 144,000 anointed. That is receiving spiritual food from them.

So here are the EMBLEMS and what they represent:

1 Cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

The blood is like the slaughter of the passover lamb that purchases the lives of those who are part sharers in the body of Christ.

The wine is the sacrifice of each individual lamb. That is each spirit anointed Christians personal sacrifice of their life on earth.

The meat of the lamb is the bodies of the anointed that are part of the body of Christ being similar sacrifices.

The bread emblem simply represents their bodies being at one with Christ's body. So all Christians who partake of Christ's body are truly partaking of the body of spirit anointed Christians.

Partaking of the body is taking in spiritual food.

So the eating of the passover lamb does indeed foreshadow the spiritual feeding program headed by Christ and his body the anointed Christians.

04-23-2009 10:18 PM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Group: Moderator

Dear Wibble, reading your stuff gives me fuzzy brain itch.

We know that the manna, the complete food that came from heaven, was Jesus. We know that the rock in the wilderness, that produced flowing water was Jesus. Yet you are saying the unblemished lamb does not represent Jesus , but the firstborn out of Israel
This was not just spiritual food.
He was the manna who came down out of heaven and they ate the manna, him. He was the flowing waters of life and they drank of it, him.

In the Hebrew scriptures, the Israelites, including the firstborn that were bought, and the vast mixed company, all have a spiritual fulfillment, in the New Testament.

You are saying that the passover, the manna, quails and the water in the wilderness all represent just spiritual feeding.

Can you find therefore, anything in the Hebrew scriptures that in turn represents the emblems in the New Testament?

wibble Wrote:
So eating the lamb on the original passover was representational of eating the first-born of the household for whom the lamb was a substitute.

So all Israel partook of one of the first-born. That is one of the first-fruits who represent the body of Christ:

So in the fulfillment of this anyone partaking is symbolically eating of the firstborn.

Except that only the firstborn can partake.

So the firstborn are eating each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
04-23-2009 10:20 PM
Wibble
Back Now

man hu Wrote:
Can you find therefore, anything in the Hebrew scriptures that in turn represents the emblems in the New Testament?

Yes. There were many lambs at the first passover.

Each one was a first-born or first-fruit.

By taking the emblems you signify that you are one of the lambs that foreshadowed Christ. Same sacrifice. The same spilled blood and the same body.

Jesus is ONE lamb. But the anointed are many lambs yet ONE body.

To tie this group of many lambs into one body the symbols are used.

1 Cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

You see the emblems are NOT the food. They are simply symbols representing the shared destiny in blood of the sacrificed body.

In fact we can see here that the emblems were not even to be thought of as literal 'food':

1 Cor 11:33 Therefore, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for one another.

1 Cor 11:34 But if anyone is hungry, let him eat at home, lest your coming together be for judgment. The rest I will set in order whenever I come.

04-23-2009 10:30 PM
Wibble
Back Now

man hu Wrote:

wibble Wrote:

So in the fulfillment of this anyone partaking is symbolically eating of the firstborn.

No, your not thinking straight.

You are confusing partaking of the first-born with partaking of the emblems.

The emblems are simply symbols that identify who the first-born are.

Partaking of the first-born represents receiving spiritual nourishment. The first-born are the "body of Christ". So partaking of the first-born is the same as partaking of the body of Christ.

That being spiritual food, the word of God.

04-23-2009 10:55 PM
designs2

So why don't you feel close to Jesus, a part of the Body of Christ.

What is going on in your life.

designs

Wibble Wrote:

man hu Wrote:

wibble Wrote:

Partaking of the first-born represents receiving spiritual nourishment. The first-born are the "body of Christ". So partaking of the first-born is the same as partaking of the body of Christ.

04-23-2009 11:07 PM
Wibble
Back Now

designs2 Wrote:

I do feel close to Jesus. But I am not part of the Body of Christ.

I am not one of the passover lambs. I am one of those eating the passover lamb,.

The passover lambs themselves are the Body of Christ. Not the eaters!

04-23-2009 11:12 PM
designs2

To clarify what you have said, are you partaking of the bread and wine at Memorial.

Wibble Wrote:

designs2 Wrote:

I do feel close to Jesus. But I am not part of the Body of Christ.

I am not one of the passover lams. I am one of those eating the passover lamb,.

The passover lambs themselves are the Body of Christ. Not the eaters!

04-23-2009 11:25 PM
Wibble
Back Now

designs2 Wrote:
To clarify what you have said, are you partaking of the bread and wine at Memorial.

No.

04-23-2009 11:39 PM
designs2

So of all the things the Bible lists as relating to Christ and his followers which ones do you feel apply to you and which ones do not.

designs[/i]

[i]

Wibble Wrote:

designs2 Wrote:

No.

04-24-2009 12:06 AM
Wibble
Back Now

designs2 Wrote:
So of all the things the Bible lists as relating to Christ and his followers which ones do you feel apply to you and which ones do not.

designs[/i]

[i]

Wibble Wrote:

designs2 Wrote:

No.

That's a big question.

Essentially all scripture applies to everyone. But some scripture will be fulfilled in some people while other scriptures will be fulfilled in others.

Bit we are all one flock. So anything said regarding the anointed also applies to non-anointed Christians.

You have to remember that when Jesus arrived, the Jews were expecting to receive all the earthly blessings promised under the auspices of the Abramic Covenant. However Jesus came to say that the Jews were not going to be ruling from earth over the new system but from heaven.

Until then no one was expecting to go to heaven.

But the Jews were never the whole world. But the Abramic covenant promised blessings for the whole world. So it naturally follows that only the Jews would go to heaven to rule over the rest of the world.

However Jehovah changed the criteria for being a Jew. It was no longer to be bound in the flesh by birth but in the spirit by adoption. So the new (spiritual) Jews came to be comprised of physical Israelites and physical Gentiles.

And the rest of the world, the new (spiritual) gentiles also became comprised of physical Israelites and physical Gentiles.

But the two distinct groups remain. Those looking to life on earth and those going to heaven to rule.

The Greek scriptures speak a great deal about those going to heaven. But this is all still relevant to those staying on earth. We still abide by the same rules as the anointed and are one flock with them.

04-24-2009 12:18 AM
gogh
Participator

Hi Wibble

Re: "And the rest of the world, the new (spiritual) gentiles also became comprised of physical Israelites and physical Gentiles."

When did this happen, Wibble? You say..."But the two distinct groups remain." If two (Christian ) groups remain, when did the division occur?

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
04-24-2009 12:30 AM
Wibble
Back Now

gogh Wrote:
Hi Wibble

Re: "And the rest of the world, the new (spiritual) gentiles also became comprised of physical Israelites and physical Gentiles."

When did this happen, Wibble? You say..."But the two distinct groups remain." If two (Christian ) groups remain, when did the division occur?

gogh

The promise to Abraham was for a 'seed' through which all nations would be blessed.

Gen 22:18 In your seed will all the nations of the earth be blessed, because you have obeyed my voice.”

God then took the sons through Isaac born of Jacob (Israel) and segregated them through the flesh for the production of that 'seed'.

From the point at which the children of Israel agreed to the terms and conditions of the Law Covenant mediated through Moses the world was separated into two groups.

One kingdom to be ruler over all others with a view to eventually reconcile all mankind to God.

Exod 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice, and keep my covenant, then you shall be my own possession from among all peoples; for all the earth is mine;

Exod 19:6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

This did not work. As prophesied through Moses the Law Covenant failed to produce 'children for the kingdom'. The Mosaic System failed to produce a perfect priesthood for the reconciliation of mankind.

No one managed to fulfil the Law Covenant so as to inherit its promises. The Law proved to be too difficult for sinful man to obey fully.

So God sent a sinless man in the likeness of Adam into the Mosaic System. This Jesus succeeded in following the Law completely. Thus proving the Law was not too difficult for a human to bear. Only it was proved that the human had to be perfect to succeed.

So the Law made no one perfect.

Heb 7:19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God.

The one to fulfil the Law was sent by God, not produced through the Law. This demonstrated that sinful man could not save himself. Something else was required: Christ.

So the Law proved to be a tutor leading to Christ.

Gal 3:24 So that the law has become our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

So a New Covenant was made to replace the old and to produce the 'seed' promised through Abraham, the 'holy nation' of priests, a kingdom.

This covenant was made through the one who fulfilled the old, Jesus Christ. Being the only benefactor of the Law Covenant Jesus inherited all its blessings. The eternal kingship promised to David, the eternal priesthood promised to Aaron, the land promised to Abraham. he became a King Priest eternal and Lord of the earth.

However there was more to be gathered for the 'seed', a holy nation still needed to be formed. So Jesus (like Moses) negotiated a New Covenant through which children for the new kingdom, the holy nation could be produced.

This covenant does succeed and produces exactly 144,000 children.

The Law Covenant was the one with the husband and the New covenant the desolate woman:

Gal 4:27 ... For more are the children of the desolate than of her who has a husband.”

The law Covenant has no children but the New Covenant has 144,000.

But this is still just the 'seed' promised through Abraham. There is still the rest of mankind, God's creation to reconcile to himself.

So the sons of the kingdom (sons of God) and the rest of 'creation' (mankind) are reconciled separately to God. One group destined for heaven, the other remaining upon the earth:

Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to vanity, not of its own will, but because of him who subjected it, in hope

Rom 8:21 that the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the liberty of the glory of the children of God.

Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.

Rom 8:23 Not only so, but ourselves also, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for adoption, the redemption of our body.

The reconciliation of two groups. Mankind (creation) and the 'seed' (sons of God - first-fruits)

04-24-2009 02:01 AM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Wibble Wrote:

man hu Wrote:

wibble Wrote:

"No, your not thinking straight". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wibble take time out to read what you have written.
We could move this to the humour section I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
04-24-2009 02:24 AM
gogh
Participator

Hi Wibble.

Thank you for such a long drawn out response to my "when" question. Yet you seemed not to answer my question. I cannot detect the answer to my question. I will repeat it.

When? Yes. When?

When did "the rest of the world" become comprised of "physical Israelites and physical Gentiles."?

When did two groups become "reconciled separately to God."?

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
04-24-2009 12:29 PM
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites