Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Funeral Discourse Outline
Bangalore

Group: Registered Plus
Funeral Discourse Outline

Funeral Discourse Outline.

http://www.docbob.org/modules.php?name=C...age&pid=20

Few people realize that Jehovah's Witness funerals are done from an outline that is supplied by the Watchtower Society. Here is a copy of that outline:

FUNERAL DISCOURSE

REMARKS REGARDING THE DECEASED (Use any that apply and are appropriate.)

Details regarding age, birth, when married, and so forth
By whom the deceased is survived
Dedication record, including privileges of service
Exemplary qualities displayed by the deceased (Eccl. 7:1)

THE HOPE THE DECEASED ENTERTAINED

Worshiped Jehovah, the God of wisdom, justice, love, power
Had faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12)
Appreciated God's purpose regarding earth (Gen. 1:28)
Sure to be realized (Isa. 11:9; 55:10, 11; Rev. 21:4) Why good people die
Disobedience of Adam (-Gen. 3:19; contrast with Genesis 2:7.) Offspring inherited deat6 (Rom. 5:12) Condition of the dead
Soul is mortal (Ezek 18:4, 20)
Dead are unconscious (Ps. 146:4; Eccl. 3:19; 9:5, 10)
The resurrection hope
Made possible by sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Matt. 20:28)
Christ's resurrection a guarantee (1 Cor. 15:22, 23)
God uses Jesus to raise the dead (John 5:28, 29)
For the anointed, resurrection is to heavenly life (1 Cor. 15:51-54; Rev. 20:4, 6)
"Other sheep" resurrected to life in earthly Paradise (Luke 23:43; John 10:16)
Armageddon survivors can hope to see the deceased one again soon
Others too are in line for resurrection (Ads 24:15)

WHY IT IS GOOD TO GO TO HOUSE OF MOURNING

Can comfort the bereaved; loss is mutual
Take to heart uncertainty of life (Ps. 90:12; Eccl. 7:2)
Makes us think about how we are using our life

HOW WE CAN BENEFIT FROM BEING HERE

While living, make good name with Jehovah God (Eccl. 7:1)
Lay up treasures in heaven (Matt. 6:19-21)
One way is to take zealous part in witness work, if qualified (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20)
In this way and by godly conduct, we contribute to sanctification of Jehovah's name
(Prov. 27:11)
Resurrection hope an incentive to learn and do divine will(l Cor. 15:58)

(Note: Instead of eulogizing the deceased, use the material in this outline to give a fine witness concerning the truth. Good balance should be observed in this regard. Doctrinal points can be presented as beliefs of the deceased, which served as motivation for him. Purpose of talk is to uphold Jehovah God as a God of love and mercy and at the same time bring comfort to the bereaved. Use of a song such as No. 102 (53) or 187 (93) is optional. A brief prayer at the close is fitting When arrangement is made to go to the grave, it is well to consider quite briefly the hope through the Kingdom, reading one or two scriptures, such as Job 14:14, 15 and 1 Corinthians 15:5413-57. This service may also be closed with prayer, thanking Jehovah for the resurrection hope, which is of great comfort. The talk need not exceed 30 minutes.)

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
12-10-2008 09:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
designs2

RE: Funeral Discourse Outline

They usually ended with a infomercial :thinking:

Lord I thank you for my freedom............

designs

12-10-2008 11:01 AM
Find all posts by this user
fzubair

FUNERAL DISCOURSE

REMARKS REGARDING THE DECEASED (Use any that apply and are appropriate.)

(Note: Instead of eulogizing the deceased, use the material in this outline to give a fine witness concerning the truth. Good balance should be observed in this regard. Doctrinal points can be presented as beliefs of the deceased, which served as motivation for him.
Bangalore
[/quote]

Watchtower never forgets its shoptalk does it????::D

Of all the ways that the WT bored you to the death the funerals were the worst, the talk would drag on and seemed never to end, the relatives of the deceased if not witnesses would stand misery written all over their faces and suffer through the garbage being churnned out!

Boy what a relief to be kicked out of the cult of watchtower:thumbsup:

Thanks Bangalore

12-11-2008 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user
Melancholymuse
Christian

I learned a long time ago that any kind of formal gathering with JW's is always carried out through a WT outline. There used to be a website that published the whole book of the Elder's manual (don't know if it still exists). I happened upon that site during my disfellowshiping process. And wouldn't ya know it, they performed the entire judicial committee and appeals committee exactly right by the book without deviation. Of course, if I hadn't seen the material in the book first I wouldn't have known they did it by rote, as they made no allusions to a protocol. But there it was right in the book, exactly the way they did it. In fact, during my appeals committee, the phrase "stepford elders" kept reeling through my mind.

Weddings are also "controlled" the same way, as are funerals and the Memorial. Whenever it's a formal type of situation, it is perfectly choreographed according to the directions of the society without any variation.

But this shouldn't surprise any of us who had been in "The Truth" for any length of time. Remember how the Kingdom Ministry Sheets would blatantly show the outline for the Service meeting, right down to how many minutes each little thing should take? Remember the same sheets told us which literature was to be offered for each particular month? Remember when we'd be assigned talks, and given an outline of exactly which scriptures and references we must use in the 3-5 minute talk? Ugh!

Have any of you ever seen Pink Floyd's "The Wall" video? The part where the conformed children are lining up, walking themselves into a pit, which the camera pans to and shows ground meat coming out of the other side? It reminds me of that. :(
It starts at about 3 minutes and 55 seconds into the video, which you can see at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw

Zeal for your house will consume me -- John 2:17 (HCSB)
12-11-2008 06:21 PM
Bangalore

Hi Melancholymuse

Here is a link to the Elders manual online.

http://www.watchtower.cc/PayAttention.pdf

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
12-12-2008 09:58 AM
Melancholymuse
Christian

Bangalore Wrote:
Hi Melancholymuse

Here is a link to the Elders manual online.

http://www.watchtower.cc/PayAttention.pdf

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

Thank you Bro Bangalore!:D

Zeal for your house will consume me -- John 2:17 (HCSB)
12-12-2008 11:39 AM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites