Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Dr. Phil - A FAKE?
freyd

Group: Registered Plus
Dr. Phil - A FAKE?

http://jobs.aol.com/gallery/career-faker...1200239359

"The fact that Phillip McGraw doesn't have a license to practice clinical psychology in California hasn't kept his TV alter ego, Dr. Phil, from practicing TV psychology. His most recent run-in with Britney Spears' family raised questions when he visited her in her hospital room privately and then released information to the public. Although the California Board of Psychology prefers to treat Dr. Phil as an entertainer first and a clinical psychologist never, real psychologists think he's giving them a bad name."

"In 1983, McGraw and his father joined Thelma Box, a successful Texas business woman, in presenting "Pathways" (later called "Choices"), a seminar to "assist people in living their lives with clarity and passion."[10] Critics claim that many of the "phrases and the terminology and the quaint sayings" used by McGraw on the Oprah and Dr. Phil shows were originated by Box and presented by McGraw in this seminar. McGraw admits that the material from Life Strategies, his first best seller, is taken directly from the Pathways seminar. However, he has never mentioned Thelma Box or her contributions to his success in any of his books or TV shows.[11]

In 1989, McGraw was sanctioned by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists for an ethical violation involving a 19-year-old patient and employee (see "Criticisms & controversies: Sanctioned for unethical behavior", below). Due to the sanctions, McGraw was unable to practice psychology independently.[12] Friction between Phillip and his father increased to the point that McGraw seldom spoke with his father, and his contempt for him became obvious.[11]

In 1990, McGraw joined lawyer Gary Dobbs, the son of McGraw's college football coach, in co-founding Courtroom Sciences, Inc. (CSI), a trial consulting firm through which McGraw later came into contact with Oprah Winfrey.[13] Their first couple of years in business were not financially successful. On October 15, 1991, McGraw signed an agreement for the sale of his Pathways seminar stock for $325,000 without notifying either his father or Thelma Box of the impending sale. "There was a feeling of betrayal because Phil had compromised the integrity of the program. In effect, he helped rip off Thelma [Box] and her asset value in the corporation by selling behind her back."[11] Eventually, CSI became a profitable enterprise, advising Fortune 500 companies and injured plaintiffs alike in achieving settlements. McGraw is no longer an officer or director of the company.[13]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_McGraw

Is 58:13,14 "If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day....then you will find your joy in Yahweh...." bibletoday.com, yrm.org, beholdthebeast.com, thereligionofpeace.com, http://www.v-a.com, eliyah.com,messianic-torah-truth-seeker.org,
07-04-2008 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user
draka
Omnia mutantur nihil interit

RE: Dr. Phil - A FAKE?

See the thing with self-help psychology is that you don't need a license to practice and don't have the red tape that a lot of psychologists would have. In a way they can help more, in another they have a lot of chance of hurting someone because they don't have the standard protocols and people tend to (for some weird reason) trust them more.

So...in a way he's not a fake...in a way he is. People have just put him in too much of a lime-light and he's letting them.

Servatis a periculum, servatis a maleficum
02-15-2009 04:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Willa
Peace, baby!

Group: Moderator

Does he help people or harm them? About once a year he devotes a whole show to answer the gossip that surrounds celebrities, and he's addressed these questions many times. I don't think he's hiding anything that matters.

Here's a link to the snopes.com message board - looks like he has a phychology degree, that makes him a legit Dr., right?

http://msgboard.snopes.com/message/ultim...02636.htnl

He speaks common sense to people who seem to lack it - I don't find anything wrong with that!:no:

:peace:

ps - my favorite Dr. Phil quote -
"...so... how's that workin' for ya?" :D

:heartbeat: You are my friends! I don't think it just by chance, but by God's Grand Design, that He has guided both our steps... to let your paths cross mine. :heartbeat:
02-16-2009 10:55 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

I was disappointed that Dr. Phil wasn't being welcomed to the forum on this thread.

My youngest daughter was three years old and in the Head Start program. They asked her simple questions to fill out a form for a Mothers Day gift. Here's my two favorite-

How old is your mom? 19 (I was 31)

What's the favorite thing your mom likes for you to do? To go outside and play when she watches Dr. Phil.

I still laugh over it.

I don't watch him much anymore. The first couple of years were helpful, free counseling in my world. I loved watching the first two Dr. Phil families. A couple of Dr. Phil houses.

And then my interest fizzled.

Well, I would love to go on his show and talk about the WTBTS though. Anybody up for that? I don't he would handle any mainstream relicion sects. I wonder why it scares people?

Love to you, Debbie

Willa, that's my favorite and also-What's the payoff for this behavior? Wow, light bulb moment, gotta write an essay question for the payoff for my sons behavior last night.....

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
02-17-2009 03:15 PM
wolfie

I like Dr. Phil too and have learned a great deal from him. I have Dr. Phil-ism's in my head lots of times. I don't watch his show any longer tho and it is simply that I think I have learned about all I am going to learn from him. I got able to predict what he was going to say before he said it--at least as regards his tv show.. however, he explains human behavior in real simple terms that could take one a lifetime to correct--simple but not easy. .. He is a smart guy--and I believe he truly believes in the work he is doing and wants to help people in a grand way. The involvement with his guests doesn't end at the end of the show and he gives people an avenue to 'real' therapy they might never find. I really respect that and I am sure there are many folks out there that he has changed their lives with his connections and words of wisdom. I think what I am saying is that it appears to me he is a brilliant man--been marketed very well--and most importantly seems to have a good heart with the best interests of his clients. But that is just my own personal opinion--not worth much more than a peanut shell .... :heartbeat:

''In the midst of winter I finally learned that in me there was an invincible summer.'' Albert Camus

''live simply, speak kindly, love unconditionally''
02-18-2009 12:15 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Nice sentiments for the show. I feel the same.:giverose:

I asked my 13 year son, who was just so disrepectful, billergerent, and well past anger control (2 night ago); this question-

"Whats the payoff for "talking back" and "calling bad names" and being "disrespectful? (He had to write 12 answers).

His reply-

1. To let anger out.

2. Sometimes to prove your wrong.

3. To show that I'm not a pushover.

4. To prove my point.

5. To make my stepfather mad, sometimes.

6. Because I don't like what you say.

7. Sometimes I don't agree.

8. If I'm right it will be over (this is the part where he LIKES to fight with me, its fun. It makes me CRAZY:funnyface:)

9. To show he's not always wrong.

10. Because everyone has problems.

11. Because I disagree.

12. And sometimes, just because.

LOL (Underlined) and I love you Mom if that helps.

And he doodled on the page.

This child needs a BUCKET (an empty, never ending bucket) full of attention. The poor kid. I try the best I can, but I'm working from broken workmanship, too.

He is a source of being made fun of at this school. Horrible, after being considered popular at the previous school. I think I'm getting to seriously think of a year of homeschooling. I don't know if I can handle it or not. I try so hard to institute a huge reward system but he is so belligerent about being disobedient. I feel that if I cave, he learn rewards the wrong way, and yet, lifes hard and he has a learning disability. Being called stupid and being unpopular is such a crappy way to endure school. Everyone else has adapted and doing well, if not thriving.

My son has made a couple of good friends and he loves skateboarding. My boundary has been: if he calls me bad names, is being belligerent, and disrespectful that I would take away his skateboard and things. Well, after months of that and him laughing at me, saying, "So What!" I cut up one of his skateboard hoodies. He flipped out. I told him that there isn't anything else to take away. He's been suspended from school three time this school years, almost 10 days in school suspension, hospitalized (they don't want him back-they said he KNOWS how to behave, go through the judicial system.) This is really hard for me. I signed papers and didn't follow through on a CHINS petition. I think I really need to do the program, even though we will have to drive about an hour away to go to parenting classes every week. It'll help him with some programs. though. But, I did tell him that I feel resentful that he forces negative attention by NOT simply minding.

His siblings disagree with me destroying the only few pieces of nice clothes, he has. Its true, we have a small budget. But, ITS NOT DIFFICULT TO FOLLOW SIMPLE EVERYDAY THINGS. I will even let him play after school and a snack, before homework if he would bring home his homework and live up to his part of the bargain. I'll take him to the church with the skateboard park and I will take him to the city skatepark with a couple of dollars for drink/snack on the weekend or during the week when I run errands over there...if he does his week without getting in trouble and doing his homework. I will help him and his siblings help with his homework. He doesn't want to do the right thing there either.

Wow, I was one difficult child myself! That's the ONLY crazy, funny part. It's very frustrating because it would seem that I would have accomplished motherhood much better. I had a great, fantastic, patient foster mom who put up with my bad attitude before I bacame an emancipated minor at 16. I thought I KNEW EVERYTHING, I'm such a dummy.

Today's will be one of my happiest times, five hours with no husband or children, yeah!!!! I get to think and be happy!

Thanks for the commodary, Debbie

We may be suffering for a time but all things that belong to our Father will be bought back for Him. Be patient and have faith:pray: Learning to listen, patiently, for our deliverance.
02-18-2009 01:49 PM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Can someone please take this out of welcoming and put it in "Gem of the Week"?

I don't know how to do it.

I would also like to have fun and honesty with it.

Someone, please tranfer. With most thanks...

Your Sister Debbie

02-22-2009 02:20 AM
llee

Hi brother "fryed":

I think we're too old to be wasting precious time and eyesight on reading about who is and who isn't. Actually I believe most of us are fakes, and flakes, for now.....but soon the REAL LIFE will be here for billions to enjoy forever.

Take a nap!!! :D

Much Christian Love to You and All :friends::friends:
sis

Psalms 68:11 "Jehovah himself gives the saying;
The women telling the good news are a large army."

"Every civilization learns what it needs to know, and the next one forgets it." Gil Grissom CSI

05-18-2009 06:04 PM
Blithe Freshman

My husband really liked Dr. Phil's books. They bonded over being rednecks! I found them helpful too. Never liked the show though.
Blithe

05-19-2009 11:39 AM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Paradise Cafe Discussions is the NEW Dr Phil.

LOL.

With Love, Debbie

05-21-2009 10:17 AM
Ontheedge
Deborah

Hi everyone!!!!:hibye::hibye::D

I miss you all. You all have been a source of comfort (except the spammers-they are like pesky no-see-em bugs in Florida, annoying!)

I really needed the knowledge and love I receive in this forum. I just want you to know how special it is to make friends and family with strangers across the world.:cheekkiss::friends: I hope more of you find me on facebook. I'm changing my name to the one on my birth certificate, so if you remember me with one...and it changes to another...its part of my history. I definitely went through an identity crisis as a teen. As an adult...it just happens with marriage. I didn't get married with the last name, BTW, I just asked to ammend a name change and the judge honored my request.

Someone from my past saw the abusive situation I was in and took me and my children out of it. I am very grateful and accept the manly offer of making us all happy. I did everything to stand on my own two feet before this occurance happened. You wouldn't believe the typical "Debbie" problems beside the fact that crazy Kenny WANTED me to fail at everything that wasn't around him, included him, and had to be approved by him. Humility hasn't brought this guy low enough yet. I can't wait until he goes through the next humility trial. The mean, stupid jerk!!! My youngest daughter couldn't take anymore and wanted us all to go to counseling, crying, stressed to the max as he went through another round of his verbal, physical abuse.

So I'm letting someone that I knew for six years. He dated a girl that my youngest daughter is named after (she has disappeared out of our lives and neither of us have been able to find her). My first ex-husband was our boss. This guy and I worked all day together alot. We know each others strength and weaknesses in character, we caught up and he said that if God hands him Debbie than he will hold on tight; and takes the whole family package!:thumbup:

He's rather primitive California homey brand and takes to Hispanics. I'm blond so Hispanic love me and my kids. We are like sunshine and they always want to touch our hair. LOL. So, new friends and we are in the Disney area. LOTS of job opportunities for me and a man who already said I can stay home or work. Whatever I wanted when I wanted. Yeah!!! He pulled together a reunion of old work people and came out 100 miles to see me. Crazy Kenny went after him with a flashlight in his face (night time) and an aluminum baseball bat. Mark gave him some fists and I screamed and a neighbor came thinking that he was hurting me. That awful Jerk (crazy Kenny)!!!!

I'm SOOOO happy! I don't feel anxiety. In fact, I feel blessed. Mark lost his parents, his sister, his best friend (we both knew him). He needs us to his happiness as much as we need him. He is so happy because he knows I'm a faithful, fun girl that sincerely has men offer me whatever I could want. He has already got me in a home, NICE! We move to our permanent address June 1st.

I did get a client with work last week and get to hang on to it. I made great friends where I was at. I had the men rallying and have a good network that I am told that I inspire and make them want to get stuff done. My son Remington is happy to be getting away from his dad. I was worried about him not wanting to leave the honey bee farm. He's OK and is imaging the things he's going to climb the outside of at Disney. I'll slow down his plan by letting him know he'll be kicked out, so wait until school starts! LOL! I better have a safe defense ready for him in case impulse and opportunity line up for him (he makes me laugh because he does have my daring streak.) Rem asked if I was positive I knew Mark and I told him, positive. Rem said that our family was not going to go through another one of my mistakes. I would like him to remember it was HIS idea!!!The two kids WANTED their father and I didn't. I took a dive for the home team!!!!! I sucked it up, while they learned the truth about their father. Their dad did make a little progress "brain leading" my 13 year old daughter. That bites that I have unscrambling to fix.

I think that catches us up.:drinking: I don't mind your responses even if you really want to bite your tongue.

My mom wrote back after two letters (forgot to add that. She's 70 this year and thought it poignant to make up during that fateful number. LOL.) :cheer:

Bye y'all! Love and miss you!!!!
Facebook me. And who's Micah? Please clue me in???!!!!!!

With Sis Love, Debbie

05-20-2010 09:41 AM
Bangalore

Ontheedge Wrote:
Hi everyone!!!!:hibye::hibye::D

I miss you all. You all have been a source of comfort (except the spammers-they are like pesky no-see-em bugs in Florida, annoying!)

I really needed the knowledge and love I receive in this forum. I just want you to know how special it is to make friends and family with strangers across the world.:cheekkiss::friends: I hope more of you find me on facebook. I'm changing my name to the one on my birth certificate, so if you remember me with one...and it changes to another...its part of my history. I definitely went through an identity crisis as a teen. As an adult...it just happens with marriage. I didn't get married with the last name, BTW, I just asked to ammend a name change and the judge honored my request.

Someone from my past saw the abusive situation I was in and took me and my children out of it. I am very grateful and accept the manly offer of making us all happy. I did everything to stand on my own two feet before this occurance happened. You wouldn't believe the typical "Debbie" problems beside the fact that crazy Kenny WANTED me to fail at everything that wasn't around him, included him, and had to be approved by him. Humility hasn't brought this guy low enough yet. I can't wait until he goes through the next humility trial. The mean, stupid jerk!!! My youngest daughter couldn't take anymore and wanted us all to go to counseling, crying, stressed to the max as he went through another round of his verbal, physical abuse.

So I'm letting someone that I knew for six years. He dated a girl that my youngest daughter is named after (she has disappeared out of our lives and neither of us have been able to find her). My first ex-husband was our boss. This guy and I worked all day together alot. We know each others strength and weaknesses in character, we caught up and he said that if God hands him Debbie than he will hold on tight; and takes the whole family package!:thumbup:

He's rather primitive California homey brand and takes to Hispanics. I'm blond so Hispanic love me and my kids. We are like sunshine and they always want to touch our hair. LOL. So, new friends and we are in the Disney area. LOTS of job opportunities for me and a man who already said I can stay home or work. Whatever I wanted when I wanted. Yeah!!! He pulled together a reunion of old work people and came out 100 miles to see me. Crazy Kenny went after him with a flashlight in his face (night time) and an aluminum baseball bat. Mark gave him some fists and I screamed and a neighbor came thinking that he was hurting me. That awful Jerk (crazy Kenny)!!!!

I'm SOOOO happy! I don't feel anxiety. In fact, I feel blessed. Mark lost his parents, his sister, his best friend (we both knew him). He needs us to his happiness as much as we need him. He is so happy because he knows I'm a faithful, fun girl that sincerely has men offer me whatever I could want. He has already got me in a home, NICE! We move to our permanent address June 1st.

I did get a client with work last week and get to hang on to it. I made great friends where I was at. I had the men rallying and have a good network that I am told that I inspire and make them want to get stuff done. My son Remington is happy to be getting away from his dad. I was worried about him not wanting to leave the honey bee farm. He's OK and is imaging the things he's going to climb the outside of at Disney. I'll slow down his plan by letting him know he'll be kicked out, so wait until school starts! LOL! I better have a safe defense ready for him in case impulse and opportunity line up for him (he makes me laugh because he does have my daring streak.) Rem asked if I was positive I knew Mark and I told him, positive. Rem said that our family was not going to go through another one of my mistakes. I would like him to remember it was HIS idea!!!The two kids WANTED their father and I didn't. I took a dive for the home team!!!!! I sucked it up, while they learned the truth about their father. Their dad did make a little progress "brain leading" my 13 year old daughter. That bites that I have unscrambling to fix.

I think that catches us up.:drinking: I don't mind your responses even if you really want to bite your tongue.

My mom wrote back after two letters (forgot to add that. She's 70 this year and thought it poignant to make up during that fateful number. LOL.) :cheer:

Bye y'all! Love and miss you!!!!
Facebook me. And who's Micah? Please clue me in???!!!!!!

With Sis Love, Debbie

Micah is Calihavoc.

http://www.paradisecafediscussions.net/m...ile&uid=56

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
05-20-2010 10:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites