Latest News: The Great Trubulation

What If The Jews Are Right?
BruisedReed
Sheepette

Group: Moderator
What If The Jews Are Right?

Good afternoon my family ... :hibye::grouphug:

I had two question posed to me today that I thought would be good for discussion ... and since they read here I thought that discussing it might be a good idea ...

Some of the comments expressed to me were ...

What if the Jews are right and that Jesus was not the Son of God, but only a prophet ... a prophet that in the end went 'astray' as did others (Moses being used as an illustration) in saying that he wanted to be 'worshipped' ... or would be worshipped in the future?

Does not this go against the OT where Jehovah God says that there were to be NO OTHER GODS before his face ... that he wanted EXCLUSIVE worship and we were to worship no one else?

Is it not ELIJAH that would come back and prove to be the 'true prophet' in whom we are to look for?

And whatever goes in between these thoughts ... ;)

Any comments?

Luv to ya'll ... BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:

http://bruisedreednotbroke.blogspot.com
06-12-2008 03:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
NewTruth

Group: Registered Plus
RE: What If The Jews Are Right?

:read:

Hi BR.. Interesting thought, and it has crossed my mind before. When the Jewish system fell apart, there had to be a messiah to come and introduce Christianity, otherwise when the Jewish system fell apart in 70 CE.. the faithful souls would have nowhere to go.. God never leaves us without a hope, when one system is destroyed.. There always is another door to walk through. Such as in the Garden of Eden.. The hope of Gen. 3:15 was laid out.. for the faithful to have a hope. God knows it's our hope that keeps us strong..

:supersmiley:

06-12-2008 04:01 PM
Find all posts by this user
Stephen
Bible Researcher

Well, we know that God "exacts exclusive devotion", meaning that He and He alone is to be worshiped and no one else. So if we worshiped anything other than God Almighty Himself, we would be in violation of the Scriptural mandate concerning idolatry/false worship.

So if we worship Christ, does this mean we worship a false god or "another god"? Hebrews 1:3 says that Christ is the "beam of his [God's] glory and imprint of his essence, and actuating all things by his word of power." Christ is not merely a "shadow" of God but as this particular version (Byington) puts it, He is like a "beam" reflecting the glory of God Himself. When we approach Christ, we approach the Throne of God itself.

At least, that's how I see it. I could say a bit more but will leave it at that for now. :detective:

With Christian love,
Stephen

Kingdom Witness Online | tfjw.org - TFJWA
"Man only obeys blindly a faith adequate to its rational nature." -Michael Servetus.
"The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy" (C.T. Russell)
06-12-2008 04:33 PM
grateful

All the prophecies regarding the Messiah were fulfilled in Jesus. All the first century Christians were Jews, and knew the scriptures well.:read: Would they have followed to the death, someone who they thought was deceiving them? Those Jews were with him for 3 years, so they must have come to know so much more about him that convinced them of who he was.:thinking: Why (or how ) could Jesus endure such terrible torture and then death on a stake/cross just to get some worship?:dontknow::thinking: Moses, being the imperfect man that he was, lost his cool, and unfortunately, in that instant, became haughty and proud and succumbed to the glory and reverence he was obviously receiving from the Israelites. :thinking:Jesus was perfect, and kept himself humble, and didn't allow room for Satan to entice him. As the majority of those who were alive and beheld his miracles didn't even believe in him, let alone worship him, what would have been the use in dying like that, just for a handful of believers (at that time)!?:confused:Jesus himself said that it was to God alone that we must worship.:read: He never drew attention to himself, but only to his God and Father. Remember, they tried to make him king, but he ran away to avoid it. Does that sound like someone who went astray and wanted to be worshipped?:thinking:Jesus worshipped his Father, and so should we.:read:
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

06-12-2008 04:48 PM
draka
Omnia mutantur nihil interit

grateful Wrote:
All the prophecies regarding the Messiah were fulfilled in Jesus. All the first century Christians were Jews, and knew the scriptures well.:read: Would they have followed to the death, someone who they thought was deceiving them? Those Jews were with him for 3 years, so they must have come to know so much more about him that convinced them of who he was.:thinking: Why (or how ) could Jesus endure such terrible torture and then death on a stake/cross just to get some worship?:dontknow::thinking: Moses, being the imperfect man that he was, lost his cool, and unfortunately, in that instant, became haughty and proud and succumbed to the glory and reverence he was obviously receiving from the Israelites. :thinking:Jesus was perfect, and kept himself humble, and didn't allow room for Satan to entice him. As the majority of those who were alive and beheld his miracles didn't even believe in him, let alone worship him, what would have been the use in dying like that, just for a handful of believers (at that time)!?:confused:Jesus himself said that it was to God alone that we must worship.:read: He never drew attention to himself, but only to his God and Father. Remember, they tried to make him king, but he ran away to avoid it. Does that sound like someone who went astray and wanted to be worshipped?:thinking:Jesus worshipped his Father, and so should we.:read:
Agape,
Grateful :giverose:

My only argument I have with this (which I shall keep brief as I have no head for typing today, lol) is that Elijah did everything that Jesus did, and was also taken up into heaven. The method was simply different. Plus in those days Messiah didn't hold the same context it does now. Cyrus in conquering Persia and releasing the Jews from worship of Marduck there was deemed the Messiah. It meant someone who lead someone to a place of safety or whose teachings quenched a spiritual thirst. I'll be looking more into this argument, but I'm just putting it out for the time being until I have my afternoon nap :P

Servatis a periculum, servatis a maleficum
06-12-2008 06:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
John

"The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren. Him you shall hear," - Deu 18:15

"For Moses truly said to the fathers, 'The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you...To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities." - Acts 3:22, 26

I agree with Paul! :coffeeread:

"For God loved the world so much..."
06-12-2008 07:53 PM
Wibble
Back Now

It is a physical impossibility to follow the Mosaic Law now. Therefore the Jewish religion is over and has been since the Romans destroyed the birth records along with Jerusalem. You see they have lost the line of Aaron. Only sons of Aaron can serve as priests. Also who are the Levites? Only Leviites can work in the Temple.

Also you need to consider the line of David. Now completely lost and unrecorded. How could the Messiah now prove his lineage?

It was either Jesus or no one.

06-12-2008 08:04 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites