Latest News: The Great Trubulation

Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Another Watchtower Reformer
Bangalore

Group: Registered Plus
Another Watchtower Reformer

Here is one more person claiming to be annointed, who wants to reform the organisation.

http://jwiwr.blogspot.com/2007/05/welcome_10.html

Warm Christian Love
Bangalore

"While producing people who were outwardly moral, they subverted the essential qualities of humility, compassion and mercy." - Raymond Franz
http://www.spiritualbrother.blogspot.com/
05-23-2007 03:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Scattered sheep

RE: Another Watchtower Reformer

Quite interesting to read his blog. Have to agree with nearly everything he says, however, he needs to demonstrate scripturally the flaws in the policies he wants reformed and remove the emotionalism and unecessary 'kook-aid' references.

Concerning reforming the shunning policy, I noticed on another website a poster mentioned how they had heard through the grapevine that the GB recently gave consideration to changing the policy, however it didn't get enough votes to go through (2/3rd majority required). No other details were provided.

warm regards
Scattered sheep

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton
05-23-2007 08:07 AM
Find all posts by this user
A_hernandez

I do like his point regarding the literature. By hiding it the GB is coming off like the LDS or the Church of Scientology.

Could u imagine hiding the Hebrew scriptures and making them unavailable because new light proves that Christ is the end of the Mosaic law?

05-23-2007 03:22 PM
Mavos
The pluckiest Christian on the board.

The Watchtower doesn't need a reformer. The Watchtower needs the redeemer, Jesus Christ.

"I remember two things: That I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour." - John Newton
05-23-2007 03:26 PM
donbodo
Tell me that again...

Did you notice that Mad's name is on there?

"Learn the rule: 'Do not go beyond the things that are written,' in order that you may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other" (1 Cor. 4:6).
05-23-2007 05:34 PM
PropMin
TheLeperKing

Who is it that said those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it?

Religion cannot be "reformed".

Its not possible.

Christs' Bride exists outside religion.

The Whore is doomed for destruction.

Do we not know this?

CLues are free; so is acquiring them.

:eat:

prop---"allll we are saaaaying, is get out of the whore..."---min

"When you stand before God you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do 'thus', or that 'virtue wasn't convenient at the time'", this will not suffice" - King Baldwin IV, 1184 A.D.

http://propmin.blogspot.com/
05-23-2007 06:05 PM
John

"It baffles me that the Watchtower enforces the shunning policy in the case of those who simply wish to leave..."

The problem with this gentleman is that he does not see or wish to accept the modus operandi of the Society. It has NO DESIRE to "reform." It is a multi-Billion doller quasi-religious-business organization which lives and thrives on control. :hypno:

If and when he recognizes this fact he will simply, get out, get kicked out, or shut up.

"For God loved the world so much..."
05-23-2007 08:04 PM
donbodo
Tell me that again...

PropMin Wrote:

Its not possible.

Jesus did it.

"Learn the rule: 'Do not go beyond the things that are written,' in order that you may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other" (1 Cor. 4:6).
05-23-2007 08:46 PM
Wibble
Back Now

Quote:
Hello friends and welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. Please feel free to make yourselves comfortable. This site is dedicated to the reformation of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society/Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hmm sounds like an apostate site...

Quote:
First of all, please let me assure you that this is NOT an "apostate" website.

...smells like an apostate site...

Quote:
I am a baptized Witness of Jehovah in good standing and have a track record of more than a decade of faithful service to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. I have never been disfellowshipped, reproved, or even counseled.

...looks like an apostate site...

Quote:
I have no desire to overthrow or undermine the authority of the Governing
Body - just to loosen the ever-tightening stranglehold grip it has on its adherents.

... talks like an apostate site...

Quote:
I count myself among those with a heavenly hope and believe that Jehovah God has "anointed" me to carry out a special work, namely, that of reforming the organization - hence the creation of this website.

Ahhh why didn'y you say so in the beginning. Obviously genuine.

05-23-2007 11:57 PM
Seraphim

Group: Registered

Well Wibble/Third Witness . This is an apostate website as well from the WTs point of view. I agree that this guy is misguided because there is no profit in putting new wine into old wine skins . Plus cults are notoriously resistant to change .

05-24-2007 09:32 AM
donbodo
Tell me that again...

None of that matters. If it gets Witnesses to listen, it's good.

05-24-2007 10:16 AM
gus
-------------------------

Wibble Wrote:

Quote:
Hello friends and welcome to my little corner of cyberspace. Please feel free to make yourselves comfortable. This site is dedicated to the reformation of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society/Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Hmm sounds like an apostate site...

Quote:
First of all, please let me assure you that this is NOT an "apostate" website.

...smells like an apostate site...

Quote:
I am a baptized Witness of Jehovah in good standing and have a track record of more than a decade of faithful service to Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. I have never been disfellowshipped, reproved, or even counseled.

...looks like an apostate site...

Quote:
I have no desire to overthrow or undermine the authority of the Governing
Body - just to loosen the ever-tightening stranglehold grip it has on its adherents.

... talks like an apostate site...

Quote:
I count myself among those with a heavenly hope and believe that Jehovah God has "anointed" me to carry out a special work, namely, that of reforming the organization - hence the creation of this website.

Ahhh why didn'y you say so in the beginning. Obviously genuine.

I thought you were a pretty intelligent person, Wib. Intelligent people need to be able to follow a line of reasoning.

So, "change" means apostasy?

I won't go over how many times the organization has changed over the years. I have to assume the intent was to "reform." Was it "apostate" prior to changing...or was the change itself an apostasy? Were the gentile Christians who didn't jump at the chance to get circumsized "apostate"? I suppose that until Paul came along, not-very-intelligent adult gentile men peacefully lined up outside the circumsizer's office waiting their turn at the "experience of a lifetime."

As far as I'm concerned, the only reform that's truly worthwhile is to further remove the physical from the realm of the spiritual. But that's not what the watchtower does. It just complicates the physical and calls it spiritual. It's called bureaucracy...jumping through hoops...to get the approval of other people who claim to have your best interests in mind, but haven't a clue as to what your interests...or Jehovah's interests...really are. Just like the 1st century Jewish Christians, superficial progress needs to be measurable...and the criteria are arbitrary standards of obedience that have zero to do with being spiritual.

To replace one "Law" with another is anti-Christ, pure and simple. So, if it is worth reform-ing (which quite a few here think it is...), then reform it! I think that attitude demonstrates a lot of love...not "apostasy."

gus

05-24-2007 10:59 AM
man hu
Babe and any other piggy names

Group: Moderator

Thanks gus, enjoyed the laugh. Be careful guys, being cut off from the cong. could be more seious than you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1sj2gQJIKI
05-24-2007 11:11 AM
freyd

PropMin Wrote:
Who is it that said those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it?

Its not possible.

Christs' Bride exists outside religion.

The Whore is doomed for destruction.

"Neither do men pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst, the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved." Matthew 9:17

Is 58:13,14 "If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day....then you will find your joy in Yahweh...." bibletoday.com, yrm.org, beholdthebeast.com, thereligionofpeace.com, http://www.v-a.com, eliyah.com,messianic-torah-truth-seeker.org,
05-24-2007 11:18 AM
John

donbodo Wrote:
None of that matters. If it gets Witnesses to listen, it's good.

Wow. Good point! :ok:

"For God loved the world so much..."
05-24-2007 11:32 AM
Pages (5): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites