Latest News: The Great Trubulation

WATCHMAN OF GODS PEOPLE
flowerchild

Group: Registered Plus
WATCHMAN OF GODS PEOPLE

ROBERT HAS A CALL IN MAILBAG...AND I JUST ASKED HIM A QUESTION...

IF YOU SAID IN ONE OF YOUR ESSAYS THAT JW ARE NOT GODS PEOPLE AS OF YET, BUT ARE IN LINE TO BE...COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN PRESENTLY BE A WATCHMAN FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT YET GODS PEOPLE....

I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO HIS ANSWER..OR IF HE WILL EVEN ANSWER MY QUESTION...AND I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH IN ANTICIPATION, BUT WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW...DOES THIS MAKE HIM A FUTURE WATCHMAN....AS JW ACCORDING TO HIM ARE THE FUTURE GODS CHOOSEN ONES....:thinking::dontknow:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BelieveInnChrist

01-05-2007 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
luvin' Christ
a truthseeker

RE: WATCHMAN OF GODS PEOPLE

:devil:

I am afraid that the WT is the evil slave personified. You know, the one who used to be faithful and discreet and then got drunk with power and beat his slaves in submission..

So, if Robert is their Watchman, he had better find another job..

Well, I know, he their 'Ezekiel' right..? :funnyface:

respectfully yours
01-05-2007 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
donbodo
Tell me that again...

Good question, Sandi!

"Learn the rule: 'Do not go beyond the things that are written,' in order that you may not be puffed up individually in favor of the one against the other" (1 Cor. 4:6).
01-06-2007 01:54 AM
flowerchild

Hi Donbodo....thanks....I think I will also send him the same question in the regular email feature of his dB

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus.

01-06-2007 12:30 PM
observant
Concerning the Lilies

Hi Sandi,

Love the quesiton!...Knowing him he will he and haw around with some prophetic scriptures to justify his position...

Lynn

Consider the lilies, how they grow; they do not toil, they do not spin. And yet I say to you that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Luk 12:27
01-06-2007 01:52 PM
gus
-------------------------

Sandi, maybe it has nothing to do with nothing. Robert has a brilliant mind and an ability to write, but I never saw that as a prerequisite for the other "watchmen/prophets" Jehovah used. I can't say for sure one way or the other; but if he is such a watchman, can he really provide a warning to those who are also watching? I mean, as much as I admire the kid who wants to shovel my snow, once I have already done it, do I really need him? I am trying to decide if Robert isn't one of the ones it was prophesied to watch out for!

Typically, watchmen are used to keep watch for those who aren't, don't, or can't, for whatever reason. It seems to me that everyone here is intensely in tune with the times and seasons...and watch out for each other. Perhaps the WT needs a wake-up call, but I don't think you do, nor does anyone here. The question remains: do we need a watchman, or a watchtower for that matter, to do what we are doing ourselves every single day?

So, you and Spud both make excellent points. I think we have always been expendable to Robert, except as an ego boost. I felt that way from day one, understanding that the day would come when he'd get "weary" of providing a place for X-JWs to gather. LOL...I stopped stroking egos and flatterizing people years ago. It's dangerous and unhealthy.

gus

01-06-2007 02:36 PM
flowerchild

HI Gus....you make some excellent points......as for me my dear brother I'll just have to keep an eye on my own self ...how can anyone be keeping an eye on another miserable sinner....when we can't even trust our own hearts....as you said maybe the watchman needs a watchman...

It seems Jehovah would be giving a watchman some extraordinary powers or something to indicate he is indeed from the true God above....maybe something other than arrogance and pride and presumptousness....

Whats that scripture in dueteronomy that says the prophet who prophecies wrong let him be killed or something like that....

Take care you soon to be centurian

your sis

01-06-2007 07:05 PM
Nick

Dear Gus,

Yep you've made some fine points here my friend.
Most of the modern day 'watchmen' have been blind in one eye and couldn't see out the other.
Trouble for us is that, clearly, we don't completely understand the watchmen that Jehovah did send. They may have had 20/20 vision but they had trouble communicating their findings to the masses; hence our predicament today!! :dontknow:

Nick

01-07-2007 11:04 PM
gus
-------------------------

True enough, Nick.

History has demonstrated the value of a timely warning...especially for sleeping people, self-satisfied in the world in which they live, and not realizing the times and seasons.

A watch-man seems like a decent kind of job:

11 The pronouncement against Du´mah: To me there is one calling out from Se´ir: “Watchman, what about the night? Watchman, what about the night?” 12 The watchman said: “The morning has to come, and also the night. If YOU people would inquire, inquire. Come again!” (Isaiah 21)

gus

01-09-2007 01:22 AM
gogh
Participator

Group: Moderator

Mark 13:32...

“Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father. Keep looking, keep awake, for YOU do not know when the appointed time is. It is like a man traveling abroad that left his house and gave the authority to his slaves, to each one his work, and commanded the doorkeeper to keep on the watch. Therefore keep on the watch, for YOU do not know when the master of the house is coming, whether late in the day or at midnight or at cockcrowing or early in the morning; in order that when he arrives suddenly, he does not find YOU sleeping. But what I say to YOU I say to all, Keep on the watch.”

Keep on the watch for a Watchman? Or keep on the watch for the appointed time/arrival of our Lord?

Christian love all,

gogh

"......."This is my Son, whom I have chosen. Keep listening to him!" Luke 9:35
01-09-2007 01:34 AM
smoldering wick
ratio est radius divini luminus

Group: Moderator

I doubt I can add a dime to this thread, but from what I see, Robert has expended himself into a research/writing/podcast campaign. And in my opinion. anyone so heavily invested in their own spiritualual search is in danger of becoming too partial toward it. When I was a young pioneer upstart in the '60's I was was once confronted by a priest who exclaimed, "If you expect me to listen to anything you have to say about the Bible when I have spent seven years in seminary college, endless years of supplimentary research and training others into the priesthood ... you have another think coming!"

End of story.

sw

"What cannot be understood is no object of belief.” Isaac Newton.
----------------------------------------------------------------
"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false face for the urge to rule it.” H. L. Mencken
01-10-2007 04:44 AM
Terra Nova

Nick Wrote:
Dear Gus,

Yep you've made some fine points here my friend.
Most of the modern day 'watchmen' have been blind in one eye and couldn't see out the other.
Trouble for us is that, clearly, we don't completely understand the watchmen that Jehovah did send. They may have had 20/20 vision but they had trouble communicating their findings to the masses; hence our predicament today!! :dontknow:

Nick

Hi Nick: You are so right, and just like the song says: "You can't always get what you want". There is no doubt that brother King loves the truth- as long as the truth is on his side-; unfortunately, just like the Watchtower, when the truth turns against him, well, that's another story. We tried to be his watchmen, looking out for his welfare and balance, but he didn't appreciate it. Looks like our good will gesture was not good enough for him. Too bad. May the true God get him off his cloud and make him come to his senses.

01-10-2007 12:04 PM

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites