Paradise Cafe Discussions - A Place For Bible Research And Christian Encouragement

Full Version: New Light Image of Daniel Possible Meaning?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning all! :grouphug::hibye::heartbeat:

Well, I was just reading some of the second link br. bangalore put up about the 'new light' ... didn't finish reading it as I decided to take a quick peek at the scripture itself and do some reasoning on my own!

Well, in my quick thoughts I come up with something pretty radical, hence my decision to put it in this section as no doubt I will be thought of as quite 'loony' if someone wants to read my meanderings ... all of which are totally open to being shot down as I haven't even finished my initial thoughts but thought I would put it up here for 'analysis' ...

Here is where I am so far and nothing is of course 'written' or 'thought' of 'in stone' as our true understanding is not able to done until the 'time of the end' and 'in the end' all of our reasonings may be far from what we can come up with now ... :blush::thinking:

Anyway ... here goes nothin ...;):whistle:

I will just put up my 'thoughts' and if anyone wants to have the 'definitions' I can put them up later ... this way makes for a hopefully 'shorter' reading for ya'll ...! :giverose:

What if this ‘image’ is NOT referring to various world powers but just ONE THING … a FALSE KINGDOM

The KINGDOM OF THE SERPENT!?

This wicked spirit being has longed for a kingdom of his own has he not … one in which he hopes will prove fertile and spread over the entire globe, filled with his ‘children’ or ‘seed’.

Could the description of this image show the characteristics of this false kingdom?

The 'bright image’ that the king saw was terrible … or SNAKELIKE … thus perhaps picturing the ‘original serpent’ being in control or the ruler of this ‘kingdom’?

The ‘head’ seems it could refer to the ‘ruler’ himself or the ‘sum’ which can mean the ‘height’ or ‘completion’ of something, or something that is ‘organized together’ for a purpose. So if indeed this image is representative of a ‘counterfeit kingdom’ then it would have a ‘ruler’ and a ‘purpose’ and it would be something to ‘imitate’ the ‘true light’ but the light that it would shed would be a ‘false’ one.

The ‘arms’ which denote ‘strength’ could show that this false kingdom would be a MIGHTY and POWERFUL one …

The 'belly' seems like it might denote the ‘heart’ or the ‘purpose’ of this kingdom … maybe its ‘hidden agenda’ so to speak … and since this image’s appearance was TERRIBLE and would cause such emotions as to make one afraid, or fearful, as well as the fact that it also has a ‘slinky’ connotation … thus showing perhaps again the idea of the ‘original serpent’ and his cunning and intelligence, this ‘kingdom’ (if that is indeed what is represented) would be a VERY BAD thing!

Then we come to the ‘thigh’ and a word that is used only in a figurative sense and means to be able to have the power of generating , propogating, originating or producing something, (the kingdom perhaps?) and which could perhaps apply to the ‘ruler’s helpers (invisible spirit creatures) and its physical or human followers and/or worshippers.

I also find interesting that the 'leg' not only denotes something as ‘running’ or moving showing perhaps its progression or maybe ‘time’ of ‘ruling’ … but that it could also mean ‘overflowing’ as in ‘water’. If indeed ‘water’ is also implied by this vision, then anyone who would drink of it would be ‘poisoned’ by the ‘venom’ that would come forth from its ‘head’ wouldn’t it … it would by ‘dry like dust’ and just as unappetizing rather like the ‘food’ that the serpent’ was cursed to ‘eat’ all its days.

Then we come to the ‘foot’ of the matter. What I found very interesting about this word is that the Hebrew word for ‘foot’ doesn’t necessarily mean the literal ‘foot’ at the bottom of our bodies.

Rather it can mean something quite different!

Since this passage of scripture is written in a figurative or euphemistic way I would think that we need to look beyond the organs described to see their deeper and figurative meaning perhaps?

The Hebrew word for ‘foot’ can also mean a euphemism for the pudenda.

I had to look up what that meant and found myself surprised to find that it meant a person’s external genitals, especially that of a woman. Also of interest was that the organs being spoken of were in particular in reference to the sexual reproduction of the person.

What this could mean could vary.

Is there going to come a time when the spirit creatures will seek to ‘join’ with man again, perhaps this is in reference to the ‘feet’ being made of TWO DIFFERENT things … ‘iron and clay’ … ‘iron maybe representing something ‘stronger’ (spirit beings?) and the ‘clay’ representing thngs of the ‘earth’ (man?)

Or ...

Could it also symbolic of the ENDURANCE or TIME that this ‘false or imitation kingdom’ will ‘rule’ or ‘reign’?

What I also found interesting in light of what I have just been quickly looking into is that the ‘stone’ which strikes this image doesn’t go for its HEAD … which one would think would be the ‘obvious’ place to strike as it could cause instant death.

No it instead goes for the FEET!
Showing that the destruction of something not good is not going to endure forever but will come to swift and complete end!

In light of realizing that the feet 'could' represent something UNNATURAL (again spirit and human copulation) and/or its ‘fertility’ or ability to ‘endure’ this to me could make much more sense!

Anyway, enough for now I guess ...

Told ya you'd think I'd gone nuts ... but these thoughts just came to me out of the blue and I just wrote them down a quickly as I could, I feel I am not done yet ... but didn't want to keep on going as I am probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off track here ... and I have to go pick someone up as well!

So, jump on me ... I really don't mind for I wouldn't want to say something or think something that was totally wrong or insane!

Thanks to anyone who decided to read this ... and look forward to any input at all ...

Luv as always, your ever researching and thinking BR :sheepy: :bouncyhearts:
No just contact me on Skype, very interesting and lets chat.
Let's also discuss Abraham::- dust of the earth, stars of the heaven and the sand of the seashore.

vicks
Thank-you for being brave and sharing different ways of looking at this vision.

The last few weeks I was also thinking about this image and it made me think about the 'man of lawlessness' and all what we have done as a race down through the ages is like one single large effort, as though together we equal a giant. That the image is a symbol for mankind acting as 'one' in opposition to YHWH, trying to be a great as God. Which is simular to what you said of the 'seed of the serpent' his false kingdom.

A second smaller point is that it is made up of metals that we need to bring together and concentrate by melting etc. Simular to how we now live all concentrated together, everything we do is based on concentrated efforts of peoples work. Yet when the stone comes notice how it is all turned to chaff and the wind carries them away.

It's an act of great dilution.

Digging
some words came to me in a dream...alchemy , and veda....I had no idea why. I happened upon this in my search.

The serpent

[admin. note to New Heart: This video has no place on a Christian forum. Not everything in a dream is worth reporting. Your link has been removed.]
Hi New Heart,

Your posted video presentation ,imo, promotes esoteric wisdom. Jesus Christ taught to become as little children. Jesus Christ's invitation is to come to Him and Him alone. After watching about fifteen minutes of your posted video presentation, I feel it is inappropriate viewing, as it detracts, imo, from complete faith, hope and trust in our Shepherd Jesus Christ.

gogh
1 peter 3:18

18. For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

(put to death in the flesh)

Matthew 22:30

At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Those quicked by the spirit are resurrected, and have died to the flesh is all I am sayin.

Matthew 24:38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

marrying, still having sex and spilling their seed. Still seperated from God, do things their own way...living to the flesh is their main thoughts. Just like in Noah's time, all flesh had corrupted it's way on earth.

For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. Romans 7:5

Matthew 22

The Parable of the Wedding Banquet

1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son.

3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 “Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 “But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business.

6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come.

9 So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 “But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes.

12 He asked, ‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

("this reminds me of the angel guarding Eden, and not letting Adam and Eve back in the garden")

13 “Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

Marriage at the Resurrection

23 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question.

24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and raise up offspring for him.

25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother.

26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[b]? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

Romans 6:13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.

Romans 6:21 What benefit did you reap at that time from the things you are now ashamed of? Those things result in death!

Romans 8:8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

A Call to Persevere....Jude 1

17 But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. 18 They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.”

19 These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.

20 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

22 Be merciful to those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear—hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh

24 To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy—

25 to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

"The desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh" (Gal 5:17)

"So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh; for if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live" (Rom 8:12-13)—

galations 5:24

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

9 “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.”

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want.

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity in thoughts.

Most are sexually immoral and impure in thought even though married. The Holy Spirit convicts all impure thoughts, and you become so aware of them. The fruitage of The Holy Spirit is self control in all things contrary to purity.

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Matthew 5:30
Amplified Bible (AMP)

30 And if your right hand serves as a trap to ensnare you or is an occasion for you to stumble and sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better that you lose one of your members than that your entire body should be cast into hell (Gehenna).

same goes for head...thoughts and desires of the flesh..impure thoughts

7. Woe to the world for such temptations to sin and influences to do wrong! It is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the person on whose account or by whom the temptation comes!

8And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble and sin, cut it off and throw it away from you; it is better (more profitable and wholesome) for you to enter life maimed or lame than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into everlasting fire.

9And if your eye causes you to stumble and sin, pluck it out and throw it away from you; it is better (more profitable and wholesome) for you to enter life with only one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the hell (Gehenna) of fire.

10Beware that you do not despise or feel scornful toward or think little of one of these little ones, for I tell you that in heaven their angels always are in the presence of and look upon the face of My Father Who is in heaven.

Matthew 11:25
Amplified Bible (AMP)

25At that time Jesus began to say, I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth [and [a]I acknowledge openly and joyfully to Your honor], that You have hidden these things from the wise and clever and learned, and revealed them to babies [to the [b]childish, untaught, and unskilled].

matthew 18:3

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

to change and become uncorrupted by the flesh
virgins again

Matthew 18:4 Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mark 10:15 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Luke 18:17 I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Children do not have sex, but are innocent, clean, pure thoughts.

song
Return to innocence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCRzy9pFO...re=related
” But Jesus said to them: “Out of regard for YOUR hardheartedness he wrote YOU this commandment.  However, from [the] beginning of creation ‘He made them male and female.  On this account a man will leave his father and mother,  and the two will be one flesh’; so that they are no longer two, but one flesh.  Therefore what God yoked together let no man put apart.”  When again in the house the disciples began to question him concerning this.  And he said to them: “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her,  and if ever a woman, after divorcing her husband, marries another, she commits adultery.” (Mark 10:5...)
Hi BR!!! Now that is some original thinking! Thank You! I think maybe you have been given some insight by the HS. all those metals could represent Earthly kingdom, but the whole statue represents Satan's Kingdom, and his seed! The statue is bright and shinny, like the Nachash in Genesis 3., like a snake, put upright. The iron and clay that don't mix, that too has a sexual connotation. Iron is stiff and strong (male), clay is soft and malleable (woman). Satan 's seed and Earth (woman/human) seed don't mix. The statue looks strong but its foundation is weak!

gogh Wrote:
Hi New Heart,

Your posted video presentation ,imo, promotes esoteric wisdom. Jesus Christ taught to become as little children. Jesus Christ's invitation is to come to Him and Him alone. After watching about fifteen minutes of your posted video presentation, I feel it is inappropriate viewing, as it detracts, imo, from complete faith, hope and trust in our Shepherd Jesus Christ.

gogh

I just looked it up...Esoteric wisdom means taught to the select few. The select few are those who become child like, seeking only Christ as shepherd. Jesus was correct in what He said...“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now." John 16:12

Any new thoughts are surpressed and demonized.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 16:12

"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression (literally: spirit), but test the inspired expressions (literally: spirits) to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world." -- 1 John 4:1

"For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories." -- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron; forbidding to marry." -- 1 Timothy 4:1-3

The above scriptures are absolutely necessary for us to consider carefully. Because of the prevalence of false teachers today we need to pay close attention to the words of our lord Jesus and the apostles and writers of the NT because that is our precious foundation.

To say that because Jesus spoke of many things he had yet to say to his disciples that they were not then able to bear does not give us license to speak for him.

Saying that: "Any new thoughts are suppressed and demonized." is a blatant pre-emptive measure to introduce these "new thoughts" as though they came from holy spirit. After watching some of that video that you put up NH, I'd say that you may have been listening to the wrong spirit.

love,
rez

gogh Wrote:
Jesus Christ taught to become as little children.

What that means is to be non-judgmental, the complete opposite of what you just did. He didn't mean to be as dumb as a cucumber.

He also said "be wise as serpents". So, according to you, Jesus was demonized.

[admin. note to Prodigal Son: A reminder that abusive speech will not be tolerated here. Any more like that and you will have a time out]

I would expect 'conventional" knowledge would be suspect, and I will use caution excepting it as truth, because Satan, the great deceiver, would want the real truth to be hidden. Look how long he had people believing in Hellfire and That the Earth is flat. Real "truth" is not determined by popular opinion. It is a narrow path, that few will find with effort. If we could just read the Bible to determine the truth, what need would there be for the HS?
Of course, caution is necessary in all explorations.
words to live by :heartbeat:

''Jesus has the power of God, by which he has given us
everything we need to live and to serve God. We have
these things because we know him. Jesus called us
by his glory and goodness. Through these he gave us
the very great and precious promises.
'' I Peter 1: 3,4
"Let us not argue as to whose light, lit at the fount of truth, burns brightest; but let us put our two lights together, so they may jointly give more illumination and dispel more darkness."

Resolute Wrote:
"Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression (literally: spirit), but test the inspired expressions (literally: spirits) to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world." -- 1 John 4:1

"For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories." -- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron; forbidding to marry." -- 1 Timothy 4:1-3

The above scriptures are absolutely necessary for us to consider carefully. Because of the prevalence of false teachers today we need to pay close attention to the words of our lord Jesus and the apostles and writers of the NT because that is our precious foundation.

To say that because Jesus spoke of many things he had yet to say to his disciples that they were not then able to bear does not give us license to speak for him.

Saying that: "Any new thoughts are suppressed and demonized." is a blatant pre-emptive measure to introduce these "new thoughts" as though they came from holy spirit. After watching some of that video that you put up NH, I'd say that you may have been listening to the wrong spirit.

love,
rez

John said, "Worthy teachers, you dress in white, proclaiming your purity, yet fear to put this to the test. Is your flesh so weak that it must be kept continually under restraint? Is the imprisoned malefactor good by his own desire, or by his circumstances? Is not the world a place of temptation so each may discover his own strength or weakness? Untested you can know neither and must always remain in a state of doubt.

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's