Paradise Cafe Discussions - A Place For Bible Research And Christian Encouragement

Full Version: A Door of Hope for Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Evening Brothers,

In the Bible, Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life,
no one comes to the Father except by Me."
A door is the way to another place.
Therefore, Jesus is considered the door to God.

John 10:9 I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved,
and he will go in and out and find pasturage.
Revelation 3:8 ‘I know your deeds—look! I have set before you
an opened door,
which no one can shut—that you have a little power,
and you kept my word and did not prove false to my name.
Colossians 4:3 at the same time praying also for us,
that God may open a door of utterance to us,
to speak the sacred secret about the
Christ, for which, in fact, I am in prison bonds;

As We brothers are using the guidance of the Scriptures
and the holy spirit as the Door and not organised religion.
We have faith that we can connect directly with God through
the holy spirit.
Without
belonging to a particular Church.
We picture a holy city before that reality becomes forever apparent.

Revelation 17:2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem,
coming down out of heaven from God
and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Descending from Heaven

With his once and for always sacrifice to redeem us.
Christ has put
a perfect temple in place.
One made without hands. Its cornerstone is Christ himself and we as
believers are its living stones.

How do we get to this spiritual state and temple?
Put God First..

In your hearts with what we see,
only when you realise all else pales
around Jehovah God,
when He receives all glory from all of our hearts,
when He is the source of all Hope,
when His love is received and freely given,

And We hold not to the world or it's organisations.
but to the promise to come,
and let the holy spirit find you.

Brother George

Psalm 92:1 It is good to give thanks to Jehovah
And to make melody to your name, O Most High;
Matthew 6:6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and,
after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then
your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.
Well said, George! I'm with ya, brother - AMEN!

A SISTER in Christ :heartbeat:
YES! AMEN and AMEN.
I agree we can connect to God without organised religion, but God wants us to organise and distinguish ourselves from other faiths and Gods in the process to do good. That means organised religion.
Amen George, my fellow Aussie battler!

Without the "must's", one is free.

Organised religion is a means to an end, but it shouldn't be the whole shebang.

When a person is told they "must" - its best to keep away.

To each their own.

Beau Wetini Wrote:
Amen George, my fellow Aussie battler!

Without the "must's", one is free.

Organised religion is a means to an end, but it shouldn't be the whole shebang.

When a person is told they "must" - its best to keep away.

To each their own.

Depends what they say Beau. You must not murder!

Seraphim Wrote:
Depends what they say Beau. You must not murder!

LOL - my goodness....im gobsmacked! :D

Remember, Brian - context, as they say! .... with context here being organised religion as it relates to one's personal spiritual journey and their relationship with God.

In this regard - any "must's" are HIGHLY subjective and should be avoided as such, unless of course the repsective "must" is in accord with one's model of the world.

imo.... :D

Well my critique then would be perhaps your personal spiritual journey has made it harder for you to see validity of others who are in organised religion and other peoples personal spiritual journeys . Lets break it down. What is organisation? Well its going to be orderly systems established in order to pursue a goal. What is religion? Its a `spiritual` world view in the context of many other competing ones. Why are they competing? Because if people think their view is of any value at all, they pass it on and so we have organised religion. In other words `musts` although subjective to a degree are never going to be completely subjective because no man is an island, particularly where religions are concerned. If they were, no one could critique or praise any one else's spiritual journey or religion, and that just doesn't seem like a sound view.

christiancrown Wrote:
Good Evening Brothers,

In the Bible, Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life,
no one comes to the Father except by Me."
A door is the way to another place.
Therefore, Jesus is considered the door to God.

Revelation 3:8 ‘I know your deeds—look! I have set before you
an opened door,
which no one can shut—that you have a little power,
and you kept my word and did not prove false to my name.
Colossians 4:3 at the same time praying also for us,
that God may open a door of utterance to us,
to speak the sacred secret about the
Christ, for which, in fact, I am in prison bonds;

As We brothers are using the guidance of the Scriptures
and the holy spirit as the Door and not organised religion.
We have faith that we can connect directly with God through
the holy spirit.
Without
belonging to a particular Church.
We picture a holy city before that reality becomes forever apparent.

Revelation 17:2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem,
coming down out of heaven from God
and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Descending from Heaven

With his once and for always sacrifice to redeem us.
Christ has put
a perfect temple in place.
One made without hands. Its cornerstone is Christ himself and we as
believers are its living stones.

How do we get to this spiritual state and temple?
Put God First..

In your hearts with what we see,
only when you realise all else pales
around Jehovah God,
when He receives all glory from all of our hearts,
when He is the source of all Hope,
when His love is received and freely given,

And We hold not to the world or it's organisations.
but to the promise to come,
and let the holy spirit find you.

Brother George

Psalm 92:1 It is good to give thanks to Jehovah
And to make melody to your name, O Most High;
Matthew 6:6 You, however, when you pray, go into your private room and,
after shutting your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; then
your Father who looks on in secret will repay you.

this is a wonderful post, brother george. thanks for that.

let me add one more "amen" !!!

CC,

I agree World Christianity is a world religion and does represent God at all, in fact I believe it is anti-Christ by its teachings and actions.
On the other hand it is clear God allowed the formation of false Christianity to flourish for his own purposes even though satan is the power and god that rules this religious abrogation at this time. It is clear from common sense observation that no religion at this time speaks for God. The holy spirit of God does not occupy these corrupted systems of error and abuse. It essence the members of these anti-Christ systems are no more than prisoners of false religion and blinded by satan deceits. They think they have truth and the spirit but is all a smoke screen to keep them from God by faith in God alone. They trust the system and its heads more than God.
So why let such a thing exist if not in the end it will come to some good in Gods hands. I believe what we are witnessing today is what Jesus told us in the verse below about the harvest of his spiritual chosen children at the end of the gospel age.

THE HARVEST

Matthew 13:30 LET BOTH GROW TOGETHER UNTIL THE HARVEST: AND IN THE TIME OF HARVEST I WILL SAY TO THE REAPERS, GATHER YE TOGETHER FIRST THE TARES, AND BIND THEM IN BUNDLES TO BURN THEM: BUT GATHER THE WHEAT INTO MY BARN.

WHEAT (Christians of true faith in God who have the spiritual seed of life within and the abiding holy spirit of God guiding and nurturing them spiritually making them ready for the harvest! TRUE WHEAT!)
TARES (Confessed Christians with faith in religion more than God! FALSE WHEAT!)

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and GATHER HIS WHEAT INTO THE GARNER; BUT HE WILL BURN UP THE CHAFF WITH UNQUENCHABLE FIRE.

Matthew 13:25 But while men slept, HIS ENEMY CAME AND SOWED TARES AMONG THE WHEAT, AND WENT HIS WAY.

Matthew 13: 28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, WILT THOU THEN THAT WE GO AND GATHER THEM UP?
29 But he said, NAY; LEST WHILE YE GATHER UP THE TARES, YE ROOT UP ALSO THE WHEAT WITH THEM.
30 LET BOTH GROW TOGETHER UNTIL THE HARVEST: AND IN THE TIME OF HARVEST I WILL SAY TO THE REAPERS, GATHER YE TOGETHER FIRST THE TARES, AND BIND THEM IN BUNDLES TO BURN THEM: BUT GATHER THE WHEAT INTO MY BARN.

Luke 3:17 WHOSE FAN IS IN HIS HAND, AND HE WILL THROUGHLY PURGE HIS FLOOR, AND WILL GATHER THE WHEAT INTO HIS GARNER; BUT THE CHAFF HE WILL BURN WITH FIRE UNQUENCHABLE.

This is what we are facing right now! It is my understanding the financial troubles and world distress will open the eyes of some Christians held prisoner in the anti-Christ systems to the fact that religion is a trap and that only God is the answer. What will separate the wheat from the tares is truth from God and God alone. We all know the truth will set us free but not all understand that only Gods truth has the power to make truly free. Unless God in spirit abides within our hearts and minds we cannot see the truth or begin to understand the depths of Gods wisdom and plans.

My advice is simple!

Isaiah 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.
AND
Jeremiah 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
AND
Luke 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
AND LAST
Ephesians 3:17 THAT CHRIST MAY DWELL IN YOUR HEARTS BY FAITH; THAT YE, BEING ROOTED AND GROUNDED IN LOVE,
18 MAY BE ABLE TO COMPREHEND WITH ALL SAINTS WHAT IS THE BREADTH, AND LENGTH, AND DEPTH, AND HEIGHT;
19 AND TO KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST, WHICH PASSETH KNOWLEDGE, THAT YE MIGHT BE FILLED WITH ALL THE FULNESS OF GOD.
20 NOW UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE TO DO EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK, ACCORDING TO THE POWER THAT WORKETH IN US,
21 UNTO HIM BE GLORY IN THE CHURCH BY CHRIST JESUS THROUGHOUT ALL AGES, WORLD WITHOUT END. AMEN.

God Bless you Bro.CC your,
Br. Mike
Yep, in my opinion the bible shows that Christianity will be in a terrible predicament immediately before the return of Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul shows that THE temple of God will be profaned by a son of destruction, the man of lawlessness who will be revealed before Jesus Christ arrives.

Once a Christian accepts that true Christianity will be undermined then what does he do if he actually sees the man of lawlessnes?

You would hope he would bring it to the attention of his Christian brothers.

What will his Christian brothers do to that man if he tells them their Church is being ruled by a son of destruction?

Contemplating this predicament I completely understand why some Christians do not go to Church.

After making that decision there really is only one thing left to do.

Follow Jesus Christ no matter what.

In Christ

abe
Good morning br. CC (br. George)!:friends:

I really really enjoyed reading your thoughts this morning!! Thank you soooo very much for sharing ... and I heartily :happyheart: would like to add my ámen'' as well!

You said something that struck at my heart and thinking process my brother that I will truly think on and meditate on today. I am not at home and thus am not at a computer where my research tools are at but will be in a couple of days and so will probably be digging around which you know how much I love!!

You said ...

I couldn't help but think of Jacob's dream of the ladder and angels (messengers) going up and down ... going to TWO DIFFERENT PLACES ...

BOTH have a PASTURAGE ... just two different KINDS ...

Spiritual and physical ... and perhaps this may have been what Paul was referring to when he said '"just as there is a physical body there is also a spiritual one''?

That once that DOOR IS OPEN ... a door that Jesus says NO ONE CAN CLOSE ... the 'going in and out'' will become possible for us in ways that we cannot as of yet comprehend ... but that I think other humans have had a taste of ...

Yes, letting the SPIRIT guide us has indeed opened up our hearts and eyes of understanding on such a deep level that we have never experienced of in our so-called "safe çage' of the past as (JW's) and has proved to such a BLESSING and a COMFORT and having the PEACE OF GOD that excels all thought has truly shown us what being 'spiritually mature men and women' means hasn't it!

No more 'religion' for me is where I am at ...

I am a spiritual person looking to deepen my spirituality and love for my God, his son and my heavenly and earthly family!

For we are all CONNECTED ... we are ONE ... they in us and we in them if we want them to be ... and once we opened that 'door' then may it never ever be closed again!

Maybe that is also what Paul was referring to when he said NOTHING can come between us and them!

Anyway, lovely thoughts to meditate on this day, as well as others I have read ... this place is surely a beautiful place isn't it!!

Luv as always BR:happyheart:
Hi BR, Thanks for your post.Your thoughts on CC's observations are important. Jesus is the door! To what?
"No one comes to the Father except through me"
Christians with faith in Jesus have freedom to move in and out, or, up and down, between our physical realm and the spirit realm. How?
"The spiritual man sees all things"
By being aware of this, as you are, a Christian can see that we are connected with Christ. This is the real "good news", the good news about Christ. Because of his spirit (helper) that is in us, we can see and understand what is happening, and what is going to happen. The world is about to change. It will get worse before it gets better.
WE will survive! :heartbeat:

Seraphim Wrote:
Well my critique then would be perhaps your personal spiritual journey has made it harder for you to see validity of others who are in organised religion and other peoples personal spiritual journeys .

LOL - not quite sure how you came to the conclusion that I find it hard to see the validity for others to be a part of organised religion.

Im quite happy for anyone to be a part of whatever religion they like - my journey has taught me to keep away from people who say that I must believe such and such in a certain way, or else....etc.

I personally have no need for organised religion at this time - that may change - but its not an issue I find worthy of much attention. Im pretty sure God doesnt mind either.

Seraphim Wrote:
Lets break it down. What is organisation? Well its going to be orderly systems established in order to pursue a goal. What is religion? Its a `spiritual` world view in the context of many other competing ones. Why are they competing? Because if people think their view is of any value at all, they pass it on and so we have organised religion. In other words `musts` although subjective to a degree are never going to be completely subjective because no man is an island, particularly where religions are concerned. If they were, no one could critique or praise any one else's spiritual journey or religion, and that just doesn't seem like a sound view.

So, a religion is a 'spiritual' world view in the context of many competing ones - yet this is only subjective to a degree? LOL - the fact that there are "competing" world views - means that subjectivity is a bit more than "a degree".

The fact that people go out of their way to critique and praise other people's world view's, I believe is part of the reason why we see so much conflict within different religions. If people were just free to believe as they wish, and to live in accord with those beliefs - without forcing those beliefs onto other people - we probably wouldnt have so much drama in this world today.

Anyway - you have given what I would call the correct definition of the term "organised religion" - but you know, that those of us here dont quite mean the correct definition when we say "organised religion". When you are in a collective of people who use a term that tends towards colloquial generalisations, then its best to use the context that is used within the collective.

Speaking for myself, "organised religion" is a top-down control grid that says "You must believe such and such" in order for God to approve your existence. It then gives you a recipe of what to believe and what to not believe. It then increases your dependance upon itself, thereby ensuring its own survival. It will often say "We are right - everyone else is wrong" or "Only we have the truth - we speak for God" (and surprisingly, the Watchtower isnt alone in this). From this - I turn AWAY - and I dont look back. To me, to be within an environment like that, is to experience the equivalent of having my soul being molested.

But yeah - going with the correct definition - I dont attend any church group, bible discussion group or anything. I may in the future - but - it just isnt a priority at the moment. Inevitably - the tentacles of the mindset that gives rise to the colloquial "organised religion" is found even within small group settings too. And when I feel like my soul is being molested - thats when its time to go.

Organised religion --- an optional and sometimes trivial and sometimes futile use of time.

Give me the beach and a beautiful sunset - ANY day...

I can see that any thing I say wont be heard in a positive way.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's