Paradise Cafe Discussions - A Place For Bible Research And Christian Encouragement

Full Version: What books should be part of the bible canon?[
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Apocrypha Ancient Jewish writings

They were written between 250 B.C.E. and the early Christian centuries. Are the Apocryphal books inspired Scriptures, should they be part of the bible canon? They were declared to be authoritative scripture at the Council of Trent 1546 so judge for yourself.
They were written between 250 B.C.E. and the early Christian centuries
Its interesting to note that the Authorized King James Bible and William Tyndale Bible included the Apocrypha in their original publications.

What about the book of Jasher? Notice they are refered to in the bible.
"Is it not written in the Book of Jasher?" Joshua 10:13.
"Behold, it is written in the Book of Jasher." 2 Samuel 1:18.

All these scrolls from the Cumran Caves (Dead Seas Scrolls) and a wide variety of other ancient writings in my opinion can be very helpful in giving us background information to understand the Bible we have today. I feel its time to uncensor Bible books that were part of the bible canon. Books like Enoch for example reveal who the Watchers are so its obvious to me they would desired to remove any evidence of fallen angelic activity prior to and after the flood. Yes they have the power to interfier and censor such books so its up to us to uncensor them.
We need to find our roots in the Body of Christ that existed before the Council of Nicea (345 A.D.) and the Reformation. Many on this forum can do that.

Who inspired the Council of Nicea? We must remember that the last Chapter of the Book of Revelation says not to add to 'this book';or take away, well then Watchtower Governing Body stop subtracting to it.

Did you know that the Book of Jubilees and the Book of Enoch have always been part of the canon since the time of Christ in the Ethiopian Bible?

Here are some links to books of interest.

http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/bookenoch.pdf

http://dubroom.org/download/pdf/ebooks/t...jasher.pdf

http://etd.nd.edu/ETD-db/theses/availabl..._Vol_1.pdf

A Little history of the dead sea scrolls

Cave 2
Bedouins discovered 300 fragments of other scrolls in Cave 2, including Jubilees & Ben Sirach in the original Hebrew.
Cave 3
One of the most curious scrolls is the Copper Scroll. Discovered in Cave 3, this scroll records a list of 62 underground hiding places throughout the land of Israel. According to the scroll, the deposits contain certain amounts of gold, silver, aromatics, and manuscripts. These are believed to be treasures from the Temple at Jerusalem that were hidden away for safekeeping.
Cave 4
80% of all the scrolls were found here and 90% was published. Cave 4 had 15,000 fragments with 500 different texts.
Caves 5 and 6
Caves 5 and 6 were discovered shortly after cave 4. Caves 5 and 6 yielded a modest find.
Caves 7–10
Archaeologists discovered caves 7 through 10 in 1955, but did not find many fragments. Cave 7 contained seventeen Greek documents (including 7Q5, which would be the subject of controversy in the succeeding decades). Cave 8 only had five fragments and cave 9 held 18. Cave 10 contained nothing but an ostracon.
Cave 11
The Temple Scroll (so called because more than half of it pertains to the building of the Temple of Jerusalem) was found in Cave 11, and is the longest scroll. Its present length is 26.7 feet (8.148 meters), and the total length of the original scroll must have been over 28 feet (8.75m). This document, sectarian in nature, was regarded by the Yigael Yadin as the Torah according to the Essenes. However, that conflicts with a theory presented by Hartmann Steggemann, a good friend of Yaden, who believed that the Temple Scroll was not considered to be the Torah of the Essenes, but was just another record or document without any special significance. Steggemann’s theory is based on numerous points, for instance, that the Temple Scroll is not once mentioned or referred to in other Essene writings.
Publication: Some of the documents were published in a prompt manner: all of the writings found in Cave 1 appeared in print between 1950 and 1956; the finds from 8 other caves were released in a single volume in 1963; and 1965 saw the publication of the Psalms Scroll from Cave 11. Translation of these materials quickly followed.
The exception to this was the documents from Cave 4, which represent 40% of the total finds. The publication of these had been entrusted to an international team led by Father Roland de Vaux, a member of the Dominican Order in Jerusalem. This group published the first volume of the material entrusted to them in 1968, but spent much of their energies defending their theories regarding the materials, instead of publishing them. Geza Vermes, who had been involved from the start in the editing and publication of these documents, blamed the delay — and eventual failure — on de Vaux’s selection of a team unsuited to the quality of work he had planned, as well as relying on "his personal, quasi-patriarchal authority" to control the completion of the work.
As a result, a large part of the finds from Cave 4 were not made public for many years. Access to the scrolls was governed by a "secrecy rule" that allowed only the original International Team or their designates to view the original materials. After de Vaux’s death in 1971, his successors repeatedly refused even to allow the publication of photographs of these materials, preventing other scholars from making their own judgments. This rule was eventually broken: first by the publication in the fall of 1991 of 17 documents reconstructed from a concordance that had been made in 1988 and had come into the hands of scholars outside of the International Team; next, in the same month, by the discovery and publication of a complete set of photographs of the Cave 4 materials at the Huntington Library in San Marino, California, that were not covered by the "secrecy rule". After some delays these photographs were published by Robert Eisenman and James Robinson (A Facsimile Edition of the Dead Sea Scrolls, two volumes, Washington, D.C., 1991). As a result, the "secrecy rule" was lifted.
Publication accelerated with the appointment of the respected Dutch-Israeli textual scholar Emanuel Tov as editor-in-chief in 1990. Publication of the Cave 4 documents soon commenced, with five volumes in print by 1995. As of 2007 two volumes remain to be completed, with the whole series, Discoveries in the Judean Desert, running to thirty nine volumes in total.
Significance: The significance of the scrolls relates in a large part to field of textual criticism. Before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls, the oldest Hebrew manuscripts of the Bible were Masoretic texts dating to 9th century. The biblical manuscripts found among the Dead Sea Scrolls push that date back to the 2nd century BC. Before the discovery, the oldest Greek manuscripts such as Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus were the earliest extant versions of biblical manuscripts. Although a few of the biblical manuscripts found at Qumran differ significantly from the Masoretic text, most do not. The scrolls thus provide new variants and the ability to be more confident of those readings where the Dead Sea manuscripts agree with the Masoretic text or with the early Greek manuscripts.
Artcritic,

I read them anyway.

Find it interesting that much of the Codex Sinaiticus is in the Bible Canon yet some is excluded.

What that tells me is that a bunch of wise men decided what could go in the Bible Canon.

Yet before those wise men there was another bunch of wise men who decided what would go into the Codex Sinaiticus.

Who really are the wiser men?

I like reading the Nag Hammadi scrolls too.

Some really interesting stuff in there.

In Christ

abe
Artcritic,

Yes, if a book is mentioned in the bible then it probably should be included.

What about these:

2 Chronicles 9:29
29 As for the rest of the affairs of Sol´o·mon, the first and the last, are they not written among the words of Nathan the prophet and in the prophecy of A·hi´jah the Shi´lo·nite and in the record of visions of Id´do.

Yes, there had better not be anything missing from the bible otherwise the following scripture could not be fulfilled:

Romans 15:4
4 For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope

1 Corinthians 10:11
11 Now these things went on befalling them as examples, and they were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have arrived.

Then again the bible states this:

1 Corinthians 1:19-21
19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise [men] perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual [men] I will shove aside.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

Does it really matter?

1 Corinthians 2:9-10
For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God.

2 Corinthians 3:4-6
4 Now through the Christ we have this sort of confidence toward God. 5 Not that we of ourselves are adequately qualified to reckon anything as issuing from ourselves, but our being adequately qualified issues from God, 6 who has indeed adequately qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant, not of a written code, but of spirit; for the written code condemns to death, but the spirit makes alive

This is the writing that really matters:

Hebrews 10:15-16
15 Moreover, the holy spirit also bears witness to us, for after it has said: 16 “‘This is the covenant that I shall covenant toward them after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I shall write them,

In Christ

abe
I couldn't agree with you guys more! I can't wait to read some!

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Artcritic,

What about these:

29 As for the rest of the affairs of Sol´o·mon, the first and the last, are they not written among the words of Nathan the prophet and in the prophecy of A·hi´jah the Shi´lo·nite and in the record of visions of Id´do.

Yes, there had better not be anything missing from the bible otherwise the following scripture could not be fulfilled:

4 For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope

11 Now these things went on befalling them as examples, and they were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have arrived.

19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise [men] perish, and the intelligence of the intellectual [men] I will shove aside.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where the scribe? Where the debater of this system of things? Did not God make the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom did not get to know God, God saw good through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

Does it really matter?

For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God.

4 Now through the Christ we have this sort of confidence toward God. 5 Not that we of ourselves are adequately qualified to reckon anything as issuing from ourselves, but our being adequately qualified issues from God, 6 who has indeed adequately qualified us to be ministers of a new covenant, not of a written code, but of spirit; for the written code condemns to death, but the spirit makes alive

15 Moreover, the holy spirit also bears witness to us, for after it has said: 16 “‘This is the covenant that I shall covenant toward them after those days,’ says Jehovah. ‘I will put my laws in their hearts, and in their minds I shall write them,

In Christ

abe

Hi able its good to see we have something in common. I did a little reaserch through your comment and found out there were at least ......28 missing manuscripts. (The Lost Books of the Bible)

Books Mentioned, But Not Found, In The Bible
Book of Jasher
Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

Book of Enoch
Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

The Manner of the Kingdom / Book of Statutes (Missing)
1 Samuel 10:25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Book of Samuel the Seer (Missing)
1 Chronicles 29:29 Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,

Nathan the Prophet (Missing)
1 Chronicles 29:29 Now the acts of David the king, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Samuel the seer, and in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the book of Gad the seer,
2 Chronicles 9:29 Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

The Book of the Acts of Solomon (Missing)
1 Kings 11:41 And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon?

Shemaiah the Prophet (Missing)
2 Chronicles 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Prophecy of Abijah (Missing)
2 Chronicles 9:29 Now the rest of the acts of Solomon, first and last, are they not written in the book of Nathan the prophet, and in the prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite, and in the visions of Iddo the seer against Jeroboam the son of Nebat?

Story of Prophet Iddo (Missing)
2 Chronicles 13:22 And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in the story of the prophet Iddo.

Visions of Iddo the Seer (Missing)

Iddo Genealogies (Missing)
2 Chronicles 12:15 Now the acts of Rehoboam, first and last, are they not written in the book of Shemaiah the prophet, and of Iddo the seer concerning genealogies? And there were wars between Rehoboam and Jeroboam continually.

Book of Jehu (Missing)
2 Chronicles 20:34 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.

Sayings of the Seers
2 Chronicles 33:19 His prayer also, and how God was intreated of him, and all his sin, and his trespass, and the places wherein he built high places, and set up groves and graven images, before he was humbled: behold, they are written among the sayings of the seers.

Book of the Covenant (Missing)
Exodus 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.
There are those that believe the Book of the Covenant is found in Exodus chapters 20 through 23. There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of the Wars of the Lord (Missing)
Numbers 21:14 Wherefore it is said in the book of the wars of the Lord, What he did in the Red sea, and in the brooks of Arnon,
Certain sources believe that this is to be found by drawing text from several Old Testament books. There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of Gad the Seer (Missing)

Epistle to Corinth
1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

Epistle to the Ephesians (Missing)
Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Epistle from Laodicea to the Colossians (Missing)
Colossians 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Nazarene Prophecy Source (Missing)
Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Acts of Uziah (Missing)
2 Chronicles 26:22 Now the rest of the acts of Uzziah, first and last, did Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, write.

The Annals of King David (Missing)
1 Chronicles 27:24 Joab son of Zeruiah began to count the men but did not finish. Wrath came on Israel on account of this numbering, and the number was not entered in the book of the annals of King David.

Jude, the Missing Epistle (Missing)
Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Chronicles of King Ahasuerus (Missing)
Esther 2:23 And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king.
Esther 6:1 On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.

Chronicles of the Kings of Media and Persia (Missing)
Esther 10:2 And all the acts of his power and of his might, and the declaration of the greatness of Mordecai, whereunto the king advanced him, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia?

Artcritic,

Yes, it would be cool to read all that missing stuff.

Where do I find the Epistle to Corinth?

Your post above indicates that it might exist?

In Christ

abe
Artcritic,

I have read the Book of Enoch several times.

The calendar chapters are very monotonous but probably should be taken seriously. Think someone should take the time though.

Especially considering how much the Mayan Calandar is being given attention these days.

The rest is very profound.

It makes the Eric Von Daniken stuff about the Chariots of the God's and the more recent alien wars conspiracies more credible.

If the Book of Enoch was really written by Enoch then it must have also somehow made it onto Noah's Ark.

If they were related then it would likely have been passed on through Enochs family.

Otherwise it would probably have become wet and buried somewhere.

In Christ

abe

Artcritic Wrote:

ablebodiedman Wrote:
Artcritic,

What about these:

Does it really matter?

In Christ

abe

Hi able its good to see we have something in common. I did a little reaserch through your comment and found out there were at least ......28 missing manuscripts. (The Lost Books of the Bible)

Books Mentioned, But Not Found, In The Bible
Book of Jasher
Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.
2 Samuel 1:18 (Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

Book of Enoch
Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

The Manner of the Kingdom / Book of Statutes (Missing)
1 Samuel 10:25 Then Samuel told the people the manner of the kingdom, and wrote it in a book, and laid it up before the Lord. And Samuel sent all the people away, every man to his house.

Book of Samuel the Seer (Missing)

Nathan the Prophet (Missing)

The Book of the Acts of Solomon (Missing)
1 Kings 11:41 And the rest of the acts of Solomon, and all that he did, and his wisdom, are they not written in the book of the acts of Solomon?

Shemaiah the Prophet (Missing)

Prophecy of Abijah (Missing)

Story of Prophet Iddo (Missing)
2 Chronicles 13:22 And the rest of the acts of Abijah, and his ways, and his sayings, are written in the story of the prophet Iddo.

Visions of Iddo the Seer (Missing)

Iddo Genealogies (Missing)

Book of Jehu (Missing)
2 Chronicles 20:34 Now the rest of the acts of Jehoshaphat, first and last, behold, they are written in the book of Jehu the son of Hanani, who is mentioned in the book of the kings of Israel.

Sayings of the Seers
2 Chronicles 33:19 His prayer also, and how God was intreated of him, and all his sin, and his trespass, and the places wherein he built high places, and set up groves and graven images, before he was humbled: behold, they are written among the sayings of the seers.

Book of the Covenant (Missing)
Exodus 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient.
There are those that believe the Book of the Covenant is found in Exodus chapters 20 through 23. There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of the Wars of the Lord (Missing)
Numbers 21:14 Wherefore it is said in the book of the wars of the Lord, What he did in the Red sea, and in the brooks of Arnon,
Certain sources believe that this is to be found by drawing text from several Old Testament books. There are no authoritative sources for this text.

Book of Gad the Seer (Missing)

Epistle to Corinth
1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

Epistle to the Ephesians (Missing)
Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Epistle from Laodicea to the Colossians (Missing)
Colossians 4:16 And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Nazarene Prophecy Source (Missing)
Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Acts of Uziah (Missing)
2 Chronicles 26:22 Now the rest of the acts of Uzziah, first and last, did Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, write.

The Annals of King David (Missing)
1 Chronicles 27:24 Joab son of Zeruiah began to count the men but did not finish. Wrath came on Israel on account of this numbering, and the number was not entered in the book of the annals of King David.

Jude, the Missing Epistle (Missing)
Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Chronicles of King Ahasuerus (Missing)
Esther 2:23 And when inquisition was made of the matter, it was found out; therefore they were both hanged on a tree: and it was written in the book of the chronicles before the king.
Esther 6:1 On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.

Chronicles of the Kings of Media and Persia (Missing)
Esther 10:2 And all the acts of his power and of his might, and the declaration of the greatness of Mordecai, whereunto the king advanced him, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Media and Persia?

Hello All and Artcritic

I would really love to read these other books, i think it would really give more insight to what is going on in the world today!!!!!!!
I have read Enoch :shocked: but i believe it is true for the most part !!! But the PTB wanted to keep names out and away from everybody's eyes, so they would be the only ones calling on their POWER . Just my opinion, what it is worth 2%.

Lauderdale :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Lauderdale Wrote:
Hello All and Artcritic

I would really love to read these other books, i think it would really give more insight to what is going on in the world today!!!!!!!
I have read Enoch :shocked: but i believe it is true for the most part !!! But the PTB wanted to keep names out and away from everybody's eyes, so they would be the only ones calling on their POWER . Just my opinion, what it is worth 2%.

Lauderdale,

Yep, those ones that Enoch mentioned in his book are probably still around on the earth today.

They probably are the PTB.

This post would quickly end up in the controversy section if we continued the conversation in that direction.

Don't think many people want to believe it.

In Christ

abe

ablebodiedman Wrote:

Lauderdale Wrote:
Hello All and Artcritic

Lauderdale,

Yep, those ones that Enoch mentioned in his book are probably still around on the earth today.

They probably are the PTB.

This post would quickly end up in the controversy section if we continued the conversation in that direction.

Don't think many people want to believe it.

In Christ

abe

Hello abe

Yes i think it would too! You are right about a lot of people not believing some of these things, but for me i need to look at both sides to get the whole picture.
The only thing that is in stone for me is Jesus and Jehovah !!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Folks

I wouldn't label it all as "missing".

Maybe Paul really wrote 100 letters. Does it really matter that the Church decided to preserve a limited number of them?

If we had all 100, I bet it would simply serve to divide Christians even more, since Christians can't even agree on the meanings of the letters we have!

I sometimes suspect our desire for "knowledge" misses the point... that what's important is a relationship with God, not endless knowledge.

Interpretum Wrote:
Hey Folks

Maybe Paul really wrote 100 letters. Does it really matter that the Church decided to preserve a limited number of them?

If we had all 100, I bet it would simply serve to divide Christians even more, since Christians can't even agree on the meanings of the letters we have!

I sometimes suspect our desire for "knowledge" misses the point... that what's important is a relationship with God, not endless knowledge.

Post of the week!!! :clap:

BOOK OF JASHER
Chapter 4
18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force
from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from
the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture
of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw
the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men
and all animals
Genesis 6:1-22
1 Now it came about that when men started to grow in numbers on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, 2 then the sons of the [true] God began to notice the daughters of men, that they were good-looking; and they went taking wives for themselves, namely, all whom they chose. 3 After that Jehovah said: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.”

Notice Jasher Chapter 4 : 18 gives us more info regarding the Watchers than Gen 6. It says “and took their wives by force” and also they ...... “ taught the mixture
of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord”
What could that mean?
It means the Watchers could have successfully mingled human-animal DNA and combined the hereditary traits of different species into a single new mutation? They "began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles,and fish" (7:5,6). So Who or what really did walk the earth in those days.
Interestingly in the United States studies led Irv Weissman, director of Stanford University’s Institute of Cancer/Stem Cell Biology and Medicine in California to create mice with partly human brains, causing some ethicists to raise the issue of "humanized animals" in the future that could become "self aware" as a result of genetic modification. Could this
issue alone provoke God into action?

It also reveals the Watchers were judges and rulers in the earth in those days(when they became flesh). BOOK OF JASHER 18 "And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force
from their husbands according to their choice"

Interpretum Wrote:
Hey Folks

Interpretum, you are two for two today, Excellent post again!

Endless knowledge is a quest of the West, for the East it is more spiritual, more mystical and centers around a relationship with God.

RE: What books should be part of the bible canon?

The Septuagint contained the Aprocrypha so that is why it is included in Orthodox and Catholic bibles.

As far as the New Testament goes, the Holy Spirit guided the Church on what books to include in the canon. That is good enough for me. :thumbup:

Some books not included are certainly benefical, dont get me wrong.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's